Sign in to follow this  
trekkergirl220

Which was your favorite "real cast" pair

I kind of got this idea from TheUnicornHunter's poll about your favorite cast/ guest star pairs.

It's like hers, except its what is your favorite relashionship between two of the main cast?

I'm tied between Deanna/Riker and Bev/ Picard.

lol, two TNG, though thats only becuse thats the only one I really watch, but you can do it from any series.

Absolutely got to be Odo and Kira from DS9. I know it's not very realistic that a changeling could have a relationship with a solid but i'm a sucker for happy endings, and that was the ultimate happy ending. :bow:

Hmm I have to think about that one....not :) Bev/Picard or what is often referred to as P/C... I am always trying to send st.com in the library "Captain Beverly Picard" I loved that part.. :bow: any way... :D anything P/C I love!! :bow:

all hail Bev!! :bow:

I liked Tom Paris/Kes - I loved the story with the alternate time line where they got married; I know he ended up with B'Elanna but that never worked for me. Tom was just the sort of guy you'd expect to fall for a petite, blond, soft spoken, caretaker type. He didn't strike me as the type to go for a kick-butt, I can do it myself Klingon. H'mmmm too bad we couldn't see Trip and B'Elanna butt heads - that would be interesting.

I liked Tom Paris/Kes - I loved the story with the alternate time line where they got married; I know he ended up with B'Elanna but that never worked for me.  Tom was just the sort of guy you'd expect to fall for a petite, blond, soft spoken, caretaker type.  He didn't strike me as the type to go for a kick-butt, I can do it myself Klingon.  H'mmmm too bad we couldn't see Trip and B'Elanna butt heads - that would be interesting.

I'm not going to get mad at you but Tom hadn't grown up yet when he thought that he loved Kes. I'm with Tom and B'Elanna all the way, I truly disagree with your theory. It would be funny to see Trip and B'Elanna in Engineering together, battling for seniority. But I can't see them as a couple. :bow:

I'm not going to get mad at you but Tom hadn't grown up yet when he thought that he loved Kes. I'm with Tom and B'Elanna all the way, I truly disagree with your theory. It would be funny to see Trip and B'Elanna in Engineering together, battling for seniority. But I can't see them as a couple.  :bow: 

I was referring to the time travel episode where Tom and Kes were married in the future after B'Elanna was killed in an enemy attack. Of course, Kes' time travel changed the future and B'Elanna was never killed. But it was an interesting episode - one of my favorites. And they made a great couple.

As far as getting mad - I understand I feel the same way when they try to push Hoshi on poor Trip - he deserves so much better.

I would have to go with the Riker/Troi relationship. Forgive me Crusher fans but I am so GLAD that Picard and Crusher DID NOT get together. I think they had a good friendship but I think the differences between them would have destroyed any relationship between them. Picard took his duties to Starfleet very seriously but for Bev it was Prime Directive be damned if it got in her way to treat someone.

I would have to go with the Riker/Troi relationship.  Forgive me Crusher fans but I am so GLAD that Picard and Crusher DID NOT get together.  I think they had a good friendship but I think the differences between them would have destroyed any relationship between them.  Picard took his duties to Starfleet very seriously but for Bev it was Prime Directive be damned if it got in her way to treat someone.
You are so right, it would have been disastrous. Well your assumption was proved in " All good things" when they went to the devron system in her ship it was mentioned that they had been married but were divorced.

i gotta go with Riker/Troi....i have to admit, at first i reallllly didnt like troi, but she got alot cooler and more butt-kicking though the series, and think that in the end they finally realized they were MFEO :bow:

I liked Data/Tasha Yar.They kept their relationship so low key.You might not have ever suspected they continued to carry on after their first encounter.I know I didn't,not until Yar died.My question was always this,did Yar really have feelings for Data or was he just a 6-foot,walking,talking,uhm...toy,for her to satisfy herself with?I truly believe that Data,for all of his protestations of not being capable of human emotion,felt something toward Tasha.I'm not sure his feelings were genuinely returned.

Well, thing is, Data and Tasha only had a fling in "The Naked Now". Near the end of the episode, she insisted to Data that "nothing happened" between them. They were very close friends, but they weren't in a relationship.

As for Data saying he didn't have emotions, that's becuase he literrally didn't. At the time, Data was lacking an emotion chip that Dr. Soong purposely didn't give him, thinking he would go wacko like his predessor/brother, Lore.

But after Yar's death,Data admitted to Riker that he and Yar's relationship had continued after the events in "Naked Now".

But after Yar's death,Data admitted to Riker that he and Yar's relationship had continued after the events in "Naked Now".

What episode was that? In The Measure of a Man, Data testified that he and Tasha had been intimate with Riker present but I don't recall him ever saying anything more ever happened between them.

Odo and Kira. That last scence where Kira and Jake were standing staring at the wormhole....well, I felt the absences they were feeling as they silently looked on.