Sign in to follow this  
therabidirishman

a question about new members....

Everyday I notice a dozen or so new members listed in the new members listing.But,I've noticed that very few stay on to post regularly in the forums.I can recall only about two-dozen different registered members who do post regularly...does anybody have a percentage or an idea about how many of these newbies stick around after their initial few posts (usually on the day their membership is accepted)? ;)

Some times new members like to lurk before posting but then there are other members who have been here for a while lurk as well. Of course the opposite of those people are members like Lessa and I who can't shut up. LOL

If you want to see who has been on line if you scroll to the bottom of the forum page there is a spot that says how many members have been to the boards during the day and underneath it says "show list". If you click there it will give you a complete list of the members who were here.

cloaked member?

i cant shut up either Takara, and its gotten me into trouble on more than once, with the big wigs of the site.........

cloaked member?

i cant shut up either Takara, and its gotten me into trouble on more than once, with the big wigs of the site.........

When you log on and request that your logged-in status is hidden from other active members on the boards,you are "cloaked".....

sounds very sneaky...heeheehee :P

I'm cloaked right now...check the homepage here,you won't find my name listed among the active users....

Edited by mr_tinkles

I come here about once a day but sometimes I don't post so some of us might be here just not posting.

me to..i just post when something catches my eye like this :P

And sometimes there are posters who LOVE this site and the people who frequent it, but have gotten TOO BUSY to keep up - we like to drop by every once in a while, but may not be recognized due to the time lag since our last visit - ok, holy time to stop talking in the third person ... whew!!! :P

Edited by joeybear

When I first joined, I did not post at all. I did not even introduce myself in the new members forum. I had never particpated in on line message boards and was nervous about talking to strangers. I just read the boards, which had lots to say abour Star Trek. I would read a comment about an episode, and them go back to startrek.com to the library to look up that episode and try to remember and then decide whether on not I agreed with the comments. But I did not engage in conversation for a long time.

Now I'm into that promotion thing! I want to be a commander! :P

I think a lot of people just want to get more information about Star Trek in a non-belligerant environment. They may not want to talk at all, but there is so much to gain in just reading and looking around this site!

It amazes me that I ever started talking to people...

When I first joined, I did not post at all. I did not even introduce myself in the new members forum. I had never particpated in on line message boards and was nervous about talking to strangers. I just read the boards, which had lots to say abour Star Trek. I would read a comment about an episode, and them go back to startrek.com to the library to look up that episode and try to remember and then decide whether on not I agreed with the comments. But I did not engage in conversation for a long time.

Now I'm into that promotion thing! I want to be a commander! :P

I think a lot of people just want to get more information about Star Trek in a non-belligerant environment. They may not want to talk at all, but there is so much to gain in just reading and looking around this site!

It amazes me that I ever started talking to people...

We are very glad that you started posting here. And Congrats. Looks like you got that Commander rank.