Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Fusion

What rating would you give "Fusion"?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "Fusion"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

The Enterprise comes in contact with Vulcans who are not the norm, they embrace emotion

In “Fusion” T’Pol is introduced to an ancient concept called a mind meld that has been rejected by the Vulcan philosophy for centuries. In this episode, we get a look at Vulcans with a Romulan way of life- eating meat while not rejecting their feelings. They are never called Romulan, but it makes you wonder. This episode has some very deep storyline that involve the hidden thoughts that are buried deep in T’Pol. The mind meld proves to be more dangerous than she had expected, another great episode from Season One.

**** out of *****

I didn't really like this ep. It's funny the guy that played the lascivous Vulcan is a regular on Without a Trace and still everytime I see him - I see the "bad" Vulcan.

I liked the scenes with Trip and the young man whose father was ill. (even though one of my pet peeves was set up here - where Trip talks about living in Panama City but in season three he somehow seems to have grown up in South Central Florida :rolleyes: )

I've given it a 3. What bothers me most about this ep is that the Vulcan who gets aggressive with T'Pol is not admonished by the other Vulcans. In TNG, there was the telepathic species where one of them performed what was called "mental rape," and the offender was put under arrest. Nothing like that happened here. Kov and Trip were fun to watch, as was the lead Vulcan with Capt Archer. This is actually a strong 3, but still a 3 for me. I think this episode was written to give Jolene a break from trying to act stoically all the time, which she doesn't even do that well.

Sign in to follow this