#1171 User is offline   DaboGirl 

• Captain
  • Group: Ships Crew

Posted 06 August 2008 - 12:38 PM

View PostKor37, on Aug 6 2008, 11:44 AM, said:

WWE Confirms Ric Flair's Departure From The Company
Date Added: August 03, 2008
Story By: Marc Middleton
- WWE.com has officially confirmed Ric Flair's departure from the company. Here is the statement they released:

Flair and WWE Part Ways
Written: August 3, 2008

WWE and Hall of Famer Ric Flair have mutually agreed to contractually part ways. After an extraordinary career Ric has chosen to pursue opportunities outside of WWE

A real shame. I was looking forward to Flair being the mouthpiece for some young wrestler.

Like Mr. Fuji or 'Classy' Freddie Blassie or Capt. Lou Albano.

I used to watch the 'old school' stuff when I was little.

#1172 User is offline   Kor37 

• Dahar Master

Posted 09 August 2008 - 07:56 PM

WWE Releases 4 Wrestlers & Referee
Date Added: August 08, 2008
Story By: Cornelius Wilson
WWE has released Big Daddy V, Domino, Nunzio, James Curtis, and referee Nick Patrick. As previously reported, WWE released Shannon Moore and Chris Harris this week.

Looks like Vince is cleaning hourse again!
IPB ImageIPB Image

RACE TO LIVE......LIVE TO RACE

#1173 User is offline   Kor37 

• Dahar Master

Posted 13 August 2008 - 11:08 AM

Mick Foley Headed To TNA After WWE Contract Expires
Date Added: August 13, 2008
According to the U.K. Sun, Mick Foley will be heading to TNA after his contract with WWE expires. The article includes a statement from Foley's friend, "Mick's body cannot handle a full time schedule, even in TNA. But he's hell bent on doing everything he can to further his legacy and put them on the map. So Mick's plan is to wrestle select dates, like Sting currently does."

Apparently, Mick got real tired of Vince yelling "You Suck!" into his headphones.
IPB ImageIPB Image

#1174 User is offline   Kor37 

• Dahar Master

Posted 13 August 2008 - 11:10 AM

WWE RAW Star Future In Jeopardy
Date Added: August 13, 2008
Hardcore Holly's WWE career is reported to be over soon. The 45-year-old wrestler has not been used in months and it would take someone such as the Undertaker to support him with management to keep him around. A downside to Holly remaining with the company is that the younger wrestlers have complained that he works too stiff. He was planned to work an angle with Ted DiBiase and Cody Rhodes where he was looking for revenge. A promo was shot with Holly that never aired because of his bad performance. Management felt that he would work stiff with DiBiase and Rhodes to make them look bad, so the program was cancelled.

Holly has been with the WWE for about 20 years and they are just NOW realizing that he works stiff???
IPB ImageIPB Image

#1175 User is offline   DaboGirl 

• Captain

Posted 13 August 2008 - 12:08 PM

Posted Image

The Old School Guys = Were the coolest!

Abdullah The Butcher, “The Mad Man From Sudan” among many others.

#1176 User is offline   Kor37 

• Dahar Master

Posted 17 August 2008 - 12:54 PM

WWE Releases Three Wrestlers & Referee
Date Added: August 15, 2008
WWE has released Stevie Richards, The Highlanders (Robbie & Rory), and referee Wes Adams.

The following is an article from WWE.com:

World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of ECW Superstar Stevie Richards, Raw tag team Robbie & Rory ofThe Highlanders, and WWE referee Wes Adams as of Aug. 15, 2008. WWE wishes them the best in all their future endeavors.

WWE Releases Another Wrestler & Smackdown Diva
Date Added: August 15, 2008
WWE has released ECW wrestler Colin Delaney, and Smackdown Diva Cherry.

.....and the housecleaning continues......
IPB ImageIPB Image

#1177 User is offline   Kor37 

• Dahar Master

Posted 27 August 2008 - 07:18 PM

Mick Foley Agrees To Sign With TNA
Date Added: August 27, 2008
It has been confirmed that Mick Foley has agreed to a contract with TNA and will debut once his WWE contract expires on September 1, 2008. His signing will have him involved with other Spike TV projects.

I bet Vince is flipping out!
IPB ImageIPB Image

#1178 User is offline   hangon 

• I am NOT Brad Pitt
  • Group: STF Ambassador

Posted 29 August 2008 - 02:01 PM

View PostKor37, on Aug 28 2008, 02:18 AM, said:

Mick Foley Agrees To Sign With TNA
Date Added: August 27, 2008
It has been confirmed that Mick Foley has agreed to a contract with TNA and will debut once his WWE contract expires on September 1, 2008. His signing will have him involved with other Spike TV projects.

I bet Vince is flipping out!

LOL oooo thats gotta hurt :b-day:

I am watching tonights Smackdown right now but i wont spoil anything except its a pretty good show tonight,worth watching for you guys TONIGHT in the states :cold:
"I am not an Atomic Playboy"
NIXON

"Say hello to my little friend"
TONY MONTANA

#1179 User is offline   Kor37 

• Dahar Master

Posted 31 August 2008 - 12:26 PM

Pro Wrestling Pioneer Dies at 81

Pro wrestling pioneer Walter "Killer" Kowalski died early Saturday from the effects of a massive heart attack. He was 81.

Kowalski died at Whidden Hospital in Everett, 12 days after his family decided to take him off life support. He had been in critical condition in the hospital since his heart attack on Aug. 8, wife Theresa Kowalski said.
"I was right beside him. I put my hand on his chest, I felt his breathing slow down and his heart beat stop," she said. "The doctor said he was brain dead ... I was waiting, hoping somebody could do something.
"We've been together over 10, but we've been married for two years. He was a bachelor all his life. He was a wonderful man, never drank, never smoked and he was a vegetarian for almost 60 years."
An obituary posted at Weir Mac Cuish Family Funeral Home's Web site said Kowalski began his professional career in 1947 as "Tarzan" Kowalski. His hulking 6-foot-7, 275 pound frame and a brutal wrestling style soon earned him a nickname "Killer."
Kowalski began to be known as a villain after hurting Yukon Eric during a match in Montreal in 1954.
He visited his opponent in hospital after the match to check up on him and "the two men began laughing at how silly Eric's bandages looked. The reporter incorrectly printed that Killer was laughing at his victim and soon after, Killer quickly became wrestling's most renowned 'heel' or 'villain,"' according to the Web site.
Kowalski later became famous for various moves, including a stomach vise grip called the "Killer Clutch."

RIP "Killer"

This is the guy that trained HHH
IPB ImageIPB Image

#1180 User is offline   Kor37 

• Dahar Master

Posted 09 September 2008 - 04:08 AM

Ric Flair Bloodied In Fight & Daughter Arrested
Date Added: September 08, 2008
According to ABC News, Ric Flair's daughter, Ashley Fliehr was charged with assault on a law enforcement and officer and resisting arrest in Chapel Hill, N.C. on September 5, 2008.

Ric Flair, his daughter, and an unidentified 22-year-old man were in a fight at a parking lot of an apartment complex. Ric was bloodied and bruised, but did not file charges. His daughter was arrested for kicking an officer. The Chapel Hill police officer used a taser gun on Ashley.

Ashley's boyfriend said it was a family matter that is now resolved when asked about the incident.

Note the black eye:
Attached Image: monthly_09_2008/post-1043-1220951296.jpg

:whistling:

This post has been edited by Kor37: 09 September 2008 - 04:10 AM

IPB ImageIPB Image

#1181 User is offline   Kor37 

• Dahar Master

Posted 12 September 2008 - 02:10 PM

-- To update on former ECW champ Justin Credible, who made the news recently after being spotted working at Olive Garden, he is actually currently going to culinary school.

IPB ImageIPB Image

#1182 User is offline   DaboGirl 

• Captain

Posted 03 October 2008 - 06:10 PM

Posted Image

I just picked up the Mr. Perfect DVD. Some excellect matches. The best was a hour draw vs. AWA Heavyweight Champion Nick Bockwinkle - This match marked the turning point in Curt's/Mr. Perfect's career. Having recently been following the AWA show on ESPN Classic, it is amazing how quickly Curt went from just some guy to being the man that later became Mr. Perfect.

Posted Image

#1183 User is offline   Kor37 

• Dahar Master

Posted 03 October 2008 - 09:48 PM

I'm currently watching the "Ric Flair and The Four Horsemen" dvd. I had forgotten just how good and entertaining they were.
IPB ImageIPB Image

#1184 User is offline   Kor37 

• Dahar Master

Posted 07 October 2008 - 03:13 PM

Former World Champion Announces His Retirement
Date Added: October 07, 2008
- The following MySpace bulletin was sent out on the official page of former ECW World Champion The Sandman yesterday:

Ladies & Gentlemen,

I Just Spoke With Sandman & He Wanted Me To Let you All Know That After Speaking With Tommy Dreamer & Having A Long Talk He Has Decided That After 20 + Years In The Pro Wrestling Business That It Is Time To Hangup The Boots & Call It Quits. He Would Like To Thank All Of You Fans That Have Supported Him Throughout His Time In & Around Wrestling. His Last Match Date Will Be Announced In The Coming Weeks. You Can Still Book Him In These Few Weeks. BUT After That He Said He Is Done. He Has A TWO Month Old Child & A Girlfriend To Look After So Now It Is Time To Step Out of The Spotlight.

Thanks A Bunch

Team Sandman

IPB ImageIPB Image

#1185 User is offline   Kor37 

• Dahar Master

Posted 14 October 2008 - 05:43 PM

Breaking News: WWE Releases Raw Superstar
Date Added: October 14, 2008
Story By: Ryan Gray
The following is from WWE.com:

Lance Cade released
Written: October 14, 2008

World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of Raw Superstar Lance Cade as of October 14, 2008. WWE wishes Lance the best in all future endeavors.

Wow! And right in the middle of a decent push, too!
IPB ImageIPB Image

#1186 User is offline   Stephen of Borg 

• Heart of Corbomite

Posted 01 November 2008 - 09:06 AM

I've only recently started watching TNA wrestling every week, since it airs on Saturday mornings. Anyway, I just discovered that AJ Styles is from Gainesville, GA. How cool is that? I live about 10 min. away from there and I was born there. I guess I have a new favorite wrestler now

This post has been edited by Stephen of Borg: 01 November 2008 - 09:07 AM

#1187 User is offline   Kor37 

• Dahar Master

Posted 01 November 2008 - 11:44 AM

AJ Styles is fantastic! He's been with TNA since the beginning. I'm surprised that the WWE hasn't made him an offer yet. TNA has really evolved into a great organization. They have a good mix of veteren and young wrestlers now.
IPB ImageIPB Image

#1188 User is offline   Kor37 

• Dahar Master

Posted 05 November 2008 - 06:31 PM

WWE Superstar Quits
Date Added: November 05, 2008
Source: Wrestling Observer

- Super Crazy informed WWE he was quitting the company at the tapings this past week. This came out of nowhere and he said he was just unhappy with the way WWE was using him and he had been promised many pushes before that never came to anything.

John Laurinaitis didn't take it that well, telling him that "Do you know how many wrestlers in Mexico want to be here?" Crazy was telling friends that even in his position, he was happy with the money but was unhappy with the job he was doing. Crazy could collect for a few months on a non-compete clause without working, but he's willing to waive that period because he just wants to wrestle to the best of his ability. Crazy is willing to waive that non-compete and sign that he will not go to TNA because that's not his goal either.

Wow.....he really IS crazy...... :superhappy:
IPB ImageIPB Image

#1189 User is offline   Kor37 

• Dahar Master

Posted 07 November 2008 - 06:06 PM

Breaking News: WWE Releases Two Raw Superstars
Date Added: November 07, 2008
Story By: Ryan Gray
The following is from WWE.com:

Paul London and Chuck Palumbo released
Written: November 7, 2008

World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of Superstars Paul London and Chuck Palumbo as of Nov. 7, 2008. WWE wishes them the best in all future endeavors.

I'll never understand why Brian Kendrick got the big singles push and not Paul London. London is SO much better than Kendrick.
IPB ImageIPB Image

#1190 User is offline   Kor37 

• Dahar Master

Posted 10 November 2008 - 02:38 PM

WWE Releases Two More Superstars
Date Added: November 10, 2008
- WWE announced the releases of ECW Superstar Elijah Burke and SmackDown Superstar Kenny Dykstra this afternoon.

Burke had not been used in recent months and had been rumored to be returning under a new gimmick at one point. Dykstra was considered the best of the Spirit Squad crew during their run on RAW, but was saddled with a reputation for a bad attitude, which hindered him politically within the company.

Not too shocking.....
IPB ImageIPB Image

#1191 User is offline   Kor37 

• Dahar Master

Posted 10 November 2008 - 02:41 PM

Full Story: Scott Hall Drunk At TNA PPV, Kicked Out
Date Added: November 10, 2008
Story By: Zafar J
Scott Hall, accompanied by the Insane Clown Posse, briefly sat ringside at last night's Turning Point pay-per-view in Orlando, Florida. They appeared in the front row during the Rhino vs. Sheik Abdul Bashir match. Tenay only referred to them as "familiar faces" and the camera generally avoided them. All attention was turned to Hall as he settled in the front row with ICP, with the crowd chanting "Razor" and throwing up Wolfpac signs while Rhino was making his comeback in the match. Bashir taunted Hall from ringside, as did Chris Sabin and Alex Shelley in the following match. The group left by the time of the Christian Cage vs. Booker T match.

Following their appearance, Hall and ICP went backstage. Hall was soon asked to leave as he was drunk. Also, Hall did not have company approval to be at ringside during that match, although officials were aware he was in the building before he went to ringside. Video footage of a drunken Hall backstage arguing with TNA represenatives at last night's Turning Point PPV has made its' way onto Youtube. Check out that clip, which is four minutes and 37 seconds in length, by clicking here.

Regarding the story on Hall getting involved in the Nash/Joe match match, he was never scheduled to be a part of the match in any way at any point. He was seen hanging out backstage earlier in the day and some assumed he was going to be involved in the match.

What?....Scott Hall was drunk?....What a shocker!!!..... :)
IPB ImageIPB Image

#1192 User is offline   Kor37 

• Dahar Master

Posted 10 November 2008 - 02:44 PM

In addition to Kenny Dykstra and Elijah Burke being released today, WWE also wished ECW Diva Lena Yada the best in her future endeavors.

No big surprise here. She was useless.
IPB ImageIPB Image

#1193 User is offline   Kor37 

• Dahar Master

Posted 20 November 2008 - 04:50 AM

WWE released the former ECW General Manager Armando Estrade from his contract yesterday.

IPB ImageIPB Image

#1194 User is offline   Kor37 

• Dahar Master

Posted 11 December 2008 - 04:56 PM

Breaking News: WWE Releases a RAW Star
Date Added: December 11, 2008
- WWE has announced the release of RAW Superstar, Snitsky. Gene Snitsky, who was trained at Afa's wrestling school, was originally signed to a developmental deal in 2003. He was called up and debuted on RAW in March of 2004.

He is mostly known for the "It's not my fault" gimmick, while causing Lita to have a miscarriage of her and Kane's child.

His most recent action saw him losing to CM Punk in the first round of the Intercontinental Title tournament on RAW.

IPB ImageIPB Image

#1195 User is offline   Stephen of Borg 

• Heart of Corbomite

Posted 16 June 2009 - 01:15 PM

so, Donald Trump bought RAW? That's interesting. :laugh:

#1196 User is offline   Kor37 

• Dahar Master

Posted 16 June 2009 - 05:32 PM

View PostStephen of Borg, on Jun 16 2009, 02:15 PM, said: