Sign in to follow this  
subcommanderbeavis

Captain Benteen,USS Lakota

Can anybody tell me what Starfleet eventually did to Erika Benteen,the Captain of the USS Lakota and Admiral Leighton's partner-in-crime?Sure,in the end she refused to destroy the Defiant,but she knowingly framed Benjamin Sisko with a staged bloodtest,and knew Leighton planned to overthrow the legitimate government on Earth.So,was she courtmartialed?Jailed?Given a time-out?

I can't remember ever hearing anything about her eventual end on DS9.

I am not sure that this was ever brought up in any of the later episodes, but I may be mistaken. Would make a great fanfic though.

I would think that she would have been courtmartialed and given a prison term.Perhaps,she ducked out the back door when nobody was looking and headed for parts unknown?I just wonder how many of her senior officers aboard the Lakota knew what was really happening?Or if they did know,would they have supported her or mutinied?That episode left a lot of intriguing questions unanswered about Benteen.

She fled through time to early 21st-century Earth,settled in northern Oregon and fell madly in love with a handsome school teacher there named John... :o

Well,I can fantasize about it anyway. :P

Maybe she was made to write "I will not attempt to overthrow the Federation government on Earth,ever again." 5,000 times on a blackboard?

lol - this is my favorite one so far. Cpt. Freeman, you can supervise and make sure her handwriting is good.

That WOULD be a great fanfic.

Personally, I think she was court-martialed, but given a reduced sentence because of her refusal to destroy the Defiant. Definitely drummed out of Starfleet. We're back to the Marquis discussion - they were doing what they thought was right to defend their home. Yeah, I can see her running to the Maquis - and the Maquis should be glad to have her - her training and knowledge, I would think, would be immensely helpful.

I'd think she was courtmartialed but was giving a lighter sentence since she probably would have testified against Leyton. She could argue that she was just following orders, but as Picard once said that has been used too often to justify tragedies. She's probably sitting in Tom Paris' cell at the New Zealand Peanel (sp?) colony, or helping some EMH Mark one scrub some plasma conduits.

Edited by Jack_Bauer

She probably turned state's evidence against the Admiral in exchange for a sentence to a Federation Penal Colony(Club Med).

But,then again,she was very much behind Leyton's plan and close to the Admiral as well,being his chief "lieutenant" in the plot.Its hard to say what happened.I'm sure I'd like to know.

I'm pretty sure she was stripped of her commission and her ship was taken away.I'd also wager she spent the past several years in a penal colony somewhere in the Federation.

When she gets out,I'm sure the Nyberrite Alliance could use an experienced spacer.Like Worf said in TNG,the Nyberrite's are always looking for starship crewmen.