Sign in to follow this  
Voyager recruit

Hollywood Captain

If you were to make a new trek film, or series, what actor or actress from either medium would you want to cast as the film/series trek lead? That is, one not already from a st series cast in general?

Edited by Voyager recruit

I can see him, doing this line from, what was it, ''Speed''...challenging some crewmember, in a scenario, like the Kobayashi Maru...All right, Ensign... ''WHAT WOULD YOU DO ?''...Okay, my pick, first off the top...Kiefer Sutherland. Oh yeah. As have said elsewhere, he remonds me in some ways of a certain guy from Iowa way,who, in playing Jack Bauer, DOES NOT GIVE UP. He does NOT believe in the no-win scenario. And he always finds a way to win; he is close, and loyal to his friends. Some of his methods,as this season shows, cause controversy(and are timely!) but he is tenacious as a Jim Kirk; it would be cool to see how he plays a starship captain, though not in precisely every one of those ways. But close. No doubt there are others. I had heard Matt Damon was a contender for the new, young Kirk. Now, THERE would be an actor to lead a crew. I also think that maybe Morgan Freeman, while of course a senior actor, could carry a wisdom and gravity to a role that way, as an older captain. Maybe i'll throw some more out later. Keep 'em coming, gang!Oh, Erin Gray..very pretty!Wiiiilllmaaaaa!!!!

As far as film actors, I would suggest either Laurence Fishburn or Denzel Washington as strong male leads. As a female lead either Kate Winslet or Cate Blanchett. I would love to see really superior well known actors take on Star Trek and move it to an even higher level of excellence.

Glad to see the Bond franchise get down to an out-and-out serious version...though am not into it as I am Trek. I think I would add Dennis Haysbert-again, a ''24'' vet to my list. He played a strong, and very likeable man there-right before we elected our first African-American CIC. And, for those who have seen it, he also is a fine leader in the CBS series(to me, very realisitc) ''The Unit''.

Glad to see the Bond franchise get down to an out-and-out serious version...though am not into it as I am Trek. I think I would add Dennis Haysbert-again, a ''24'' vet to my list. He played a strong, and very likeable man there-right before we elected our first African-American CIC. And, for those who have seen it, he also is a fine leader in the CBS series(to me, very realisitc) ''The Unit''.

Yeah, I forgot him. Coincidentally, he began his acting career on Buck Rogers in the 25th Century. It would be great to see he and Erin Gray re-unite on a trek film imo. :lol:

I have another great actor to add to your list. How about Morgan Freeman? everything i've seen him in has been excellent.

Whaaat?You are kidding me!Tha is so wild! Huh. Biddyibiddybiddy...that was a while back. Amazing happenstance I spoke as I did. And, yes, Morgan was one I mentioned previosly, as well. Nice goin' there, 'ol pal!

Whaaat?You are kidding me!Tha is so wild! Huh. Biddyibiddybiddy...that was a while back. Amazing happenstance I spoke as I did. And, yes, Morgan was one I mentioned previosly, as well. Nice goin' there, 'ol pal!

Oh, man. I don't know how I missed Freeman in your previous post. I'll throw another name at you for a potential captain. How about Richard Hatch. He seemed very good in BSG. How do you think he would be in Trek??

Oh, man. I don't know how I missed Freeman in your previous post. I'll throw another name at you for a potential captain. How about Richard Hatch. He seemed very good in BSG. How do you think he would be in Trek??

Sure! By the way, he's in a new film, I believe written by Walter Koenig-and co-starring several sf vets, including Richard ''Owen Paris'' Herd. Go to Walter's site for details. Richard had previously tried to come out with a BSG sequel series-to co-star his onscreen buddy Dirk ''Starbuck'' Benedict, but it did not pan out, unfortunately. Edited by Voyager recruit

^ Thats too bad. You know, I think Angelina Jolie or even Reese Witherspoon could be great as a female lead as would Tracy Scoggins imo, they have the ability and the looks to draw in a big crowd and bring in new fans :lol:

Some more names kicking about in my head, maybe...Russell Crowe...Ben Browder-he effects the rakish wit a Kirk has...Richard Dean Andeson, maybe,heck, he seems to be a trekfan, so props for that, too..

Jodie Foster

I think Jodie could play a deep-thinking, cerebral, intense leader, with a complex past to deal with...and the more complex, the better, right? It really could be intriguing, that I think of it, to yes, and it may have echoes of Clarice Starling, but have her find a villain who shares some very personal past-and such a villain to contend with would be the hardest challenge. RE my bud Damar, Angelina could effect the action-intense element....Hey, I was also thinking, I would be curious to see, gang, all of you posting here, if you can come up with a NAME for said hero-heroine, that you suggect-if you would so care to.

Edited by Voyager recruit

As far as film actors, I would suggest either Laurence Fishburn or Denzel Washington as strong male leads. As a female lead either Kate Winslet or Cate Blanchett. I would love to see really superior well known actors take on Star Trek and move it to an even higher level of excellence.

I saw Lauerence again on his new gig tonight,and he I feel brings a fresh element of compassion, and humanity to the series-not that the others lack it. Those are crucial aspects for any st leader. And, absolutely, having a major star somday would be HUGE for st...but I think those soon to hit the cinema will do fine.

Y ou won't get any yuks from me. friend. I had knocked around your other suggestion in my own head, too. Yep-Will would draw in newfans-I hope-like a singularity! In a good way! Now, why not go to my 'villains' thread, and give him someone to take on!?