Sign in to follow this  

Ban the person above you!

Debbie Harry was punkish. Joan Jett was trashy. Courtney Love was trashy but in a way that made her interesting. When she started winning acting awards and trying to be respectable she became boring.

You're banned for not knowing your rocker chicks.

Debbie Harry punkish?! LOL! Wow.... no. Debbie Harry was new-wavish. Joan Jett was punkish, as was Pat Benatar, though a bit more straight-edged. Heart was glam. Madonna was trashy, Courtney Love made trashy look desirable by comparison,... she was sewer-y.

You're banned for needing to be set straight.

Edited by youbroughtheryouRiker

All "new wave" was was punk with some glam mixed in, with more and more glam as we got into the 80s. Punkish is not punk. Sex Pistols was punk, and Joan Jett was nowhere near the Sex Pistols. Heck, her biggest hit was titled "I Want Rock & Roll". Pat Benetar was too mainstream to be in a sub-genre. Heart was indeed glam, but Madonna didn't become trashy until later. There's not a damn thing wrong with sewery but what made Love (He, he, hey Butt-Head. He said "made love") a success was she also threw in a lot of angst.

You're banned for not liking Hole.

It was "I Love Rock And Roll", not "I Want Rock And Roll". And I said she was "punkish", not "punk". And the angst is what made Courtney so sewer-y. She still is. Read an article in "Blender" on her... she's still f***ed up.

You're banned for getting that song title wrong.

I know it was a nice thing because I was basing it on my opinion, not yours. And my opinion is that to be not trashy is a good thing, and so what you said was nice.

You're banned for liking me

Yeah, trashy only works for *some* rock stars ::eyes youbringyourownriker:: but not very well with real people. If I wanted trashy I could do what... well, we won't go there.

You're banned for being as sweet as this Baklava I'm about to eat. Yum.

LOL - One time I did a search for Riker Chick Topless and was lead to a site for nude biker chicks.

I'm still looking for a site where I can make a customized smiley. Just can't find one that will do it without downloading spyware.

You're banned for not noticing I fixed my typo before you responded.

Yes, but I remembered your typo! Also, what are you doing googleing Riker Chick topless?! You better not do that with me

You're banned for associating elves with Romulans