Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

The Rules of Acquisition

I was thinking, if we can learn Klingon why not learn the Rules of Acquisition? Not all of the Rules have been handed down from our Ferengi brethren as yet but we could begin learning the *known rules.

I thought we'd take them one at a time and if any discussion is desired on the deeper meaning of the Rule that can take place before moving on to the next rule.

Rule #1

Once you have their money, you never give it back. ~ From DS9 epiosde "The Nagus"

Now, everyone wanting to learn the rules should put this rule to memory before we move on.

*Not all of these Rules are "canon" some are from books, when a non-canon rule is posted it shuld be noted.

Rule # 1 is easy! We probably all know this one or we should! Just how many rules are there? I seem to rememeber Quark quoting at least up to number 200..!...Seems like there should be an official book listing them..!

There's 285 rules, though Quark quotes upto 286. Rule #286 was one he made up... It states:

Rule of Acquisition #286

When Morn, leaves it's all over.

~ From episode The House of Quark

The revised Rules of Acquisition #1 from episode Rules Of Acquisition states:

If they want their money back, give it to them.

There is a book about the Rules Of Acquisition. Very small, and the last time I saw it, more $$ than I had. Haven't seen it in a while.

There are 285 Rules according to Pel in "Rules of Acquisition." Although, taking a hint from what happens to Zek when he meets the Prophets, Zek may pen a few more! Even Rom might - GASP.

Like all those type of laws to accomplish something, I suppose they are some variantes... some added rules and all.

Stardate:213627.9

I used to have the complete Rules of Aquistion all 299 including the revised rules,Quarks rules,Neelix's Rule, and the Unwritten Rule.But unforuatley it got thrown away on accident so i no longer have it :) I have looked all around the internet for a copy but havent found one.So the only one i have now is the Canon Rules(im pretty sure they are Canon)

Rule #6-Never allow family to stand in the way of opportunity.

I was wondering whats everybody's favorite rule????Mine is Rule #42-What is mine is mine,and what is your is mine too(not Canon)

Stardate:213630.2

I found a site that has a good list of them.Its not complete and some of it is canon some of it isnt but its the best collection i have found so far

Ferengi Rules of Acquistion

I am making a page for the Rules of Acquisition, so far I have two pages done and they go up to Rule 47.

These will only include the spoken (Canon) rules though I may add the non-canon rules at the end. Here's what I have so far. (Note the address will be changing in the newr future but I will let you know what it is when it does.)

http://www.startrekfans.net/rules.htm

Stardate:213638.9

Looks cool.I like how you put the rules in Ferengi first.Where did you find the font for that??

Stardate:213644.9

Ya know that just might not be a bad idea Alterego.Maybe there could be some ROA questions in Trivia.

Stardate:213644.9

Ya know that just might not be a bad idea Alterego.Maybe there could be some ROA questions in Trivia.

there has been one that i remember before. but it might be too easy now that vbg's site is up.

I used to have all of them written down that had been on the episodes when I was younger but I lost the list.

It was my people's unfortunate happenstance to have first encountered the Ferengi two-hundred Earth years agone.Such reprehensible creatures!All they care about is the acquiring of profit and personal wealth!Such greed disgusts me.Many yon ago as a junior member of my world's diplomatic corps I had to travel to the Ferengi homeworld,and it was my duty to memorize every last one of the Ferengi Rules of Acquisition.Oh,those blasted rules!To make matters worse,the Ferengi had nothing appropriate for me to eat and charged me an mindboggling ammount of hard currency to obtain the proper food stuffs I required!And the damp climate of their planet made me ill for weeks...it was a nightmare I shant soon forget.

Do I know the Rules of Acquisition by heart?Absolutely.Try me.

Stardate:213726.9

State Rule 204!!!!!No Cheating!!!!!!

Do I know the Rules of Acquisition by heart?Absolutely.Try me.

Stardate:213726.9

State Rule 204!!!!!No Cheating!!!!!!

To the best of my knowledge that rule has never been spoken on screen.I only know the cannon rules that were mentioned on television.

No, but I'm working on it. :lol:

Seriously though, there are some great rules. Here are some of my favorites

57. Good customers are as rare as latinum -- treasure them.

76. Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies.

203. New customers are like razor-toothed gree-worms: they can be succulent, but sometimes they bite back.

Also, I loved the whole scene in Destiny with Quark correcting Rule 34 (War is good for Business) and Rule 35. (Peace is good for business)

I got an email earlier today (Actually yesterday) asking what the rest of the Rules of Acquisition were, other then the ones on the Rules of Acquisition page. The answer to that is that there aren't any others. The only "official" rules are the ones spoken during an episode or movie, it is possible I may have one or two while I was making that section (which I really hope and pray I didn't because I lost all of the files I used to make those when my hard drive died on me) but what you see and hear in there is all there is. In canon anyway.

While I'm posting here, here's another one I like:

http://www.startrekfans.net/rules/rule109.swf

I got an email earlier today (Actually yesterday) asking what the rest of the Rules of Acquisition were, other then the ones on the Rules of Acquisition page. The answer to that is that there aren't any others. The only "official" rules are the ones spoken during an episode or movie, it is possible I may have one or two while I was making that section (which I really hope and pray I didn't because I lost all of the files I used to make those when my hard drive died on me) but what you see and hear in there is all there is. In canon anyway.

What episode was that rule in. I'm thinking "Rules of Acquisition," but I'm not sure.

What episode was that rule in. I'm thinking "Rules of Acquisition," but I'm not sure.

That was from "Rivals" in season 2.