Sign in to follow this  
hangon

The dukes of hazzard

Redneck is  relative term, chances are there are still those that would call you one just because of where you live.  I get annoyed with the redneck jokes btw. 

343515[/snapback]

Oh, yes, I may live within spitting distance of Cincinnati, but my address is Kentucky. I'm just a barefoot hilljack to anyone living outside this area. And I completely understand why they think that. I don't wear shoes much and I use the word "ain't" with regularity. You'd be surprised at how far a little eccentricity will get you with the city slickers ... they think I'm quite amusing. :tear:

Interesting note: I was reading a few months back where the University of Kentucky (my alma mater) conducted a research study that proved it was all right to marry and have children with your first cousin. Now, why in the world would the folks at U.K. do a study like that? It's just embarrassing, but not surprising. It's almost like the research faculty got together and said, "Wouldn't it be hilarious if we ...."

:cheers:

I've always found the Dukes of Hazzard to be incredibly racist and very offensive. I mean, they drive around in a car with a confederate flag on the top. I think that is as bad as having a swastika on the top of a car, calling it "The Adolf Hitler". Also, I find that Jessica Simpson has almost no acting talent and no charisma.

That's my opinion at least. It's only an opinion, too. You all are free to think what you like.