• 6' 11"
    • 7'
    • 7' 1"
    • 7' 2"
    • 7' 3"
    • 7' 4"
    • 7' 5"
    • over 7' 5" (you are such a liar )

5 feet, 3 and one half inches. I always wanted to be 5 feet six inches or five seven.

As I close in on the half-century mark age wise, I realize it just isn't going to happen!

I was 5' 1" half a year ago. But I'm taller now. *is proud of herself*

But half of my closest friends are like trees that go on forever, so that really whomps =D

Five feet even, the exact same height that I was at 11. I also wear the same shoe size and bra size that I did when I was 11.

Yeeeeah, the other girls made fun of me in P.E. because I looked more *ahem* mature. At least I had a good best friend who was like "shut up, the rest of you are just jealous." That's what friends are for!

170,5cm :dude:

Three nations have not officially adopted the International System of Units as their primary or sole system of measurement: Liberia, Myanmar and the United States. :devilish:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metric_system

Cool. I didn't know that there were as many as three nations that have not adopted the system. Thanks for the info. :P I guess then that I would be 174 cm if my calculations are right.

Three nations have not officially adopted the International System of Units as their primary or sole system of measurement: Liberia, Myanmar and the United States. :P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metric_system

Was that really necessary?

People in general do not readily like anything new, regardless of its usefulness. This common detest of change does not in any way disprove its usefulness.

In fact, wouldn't you agree that all the many changes that America underwent on its way from the 18th century to a nowadays progressive nation were in fact seldom welcomed?

Every innovation, every bit of progress had to survive the malicious resistance of outdated people pretending to preserve traditions but only hampering progress and prosperity.

I never stated that it wouldn't be advantageous for the US to officially adopt the metric system. In fact, by being in the military, I use the metric system on a regular basis as all branches of the US military have used it almost exculsively for quite some time. I would also support some sort of policy that would make it the sole system of measurement for the US.

I don't think most Europeans, or even most Americans understand how extensively the metric system is used today in the US. We're surrounded by metrication in our cars, in our stores, and it's taught in our schools. I personally believe that our usage of imperial units is just one more obstacle we need to negotiate in order to make us more compatible with Europe.

I didn't mean to sound terse in my comment to Irene, I just took hers as being a bit off-colored, and she has since stated her intended meaning.

All is good in my view.

That said, I'm 179 CM.