Sign in to follow this  
headborg

Fan Ideas For New Episodes

(1)Enterprise finds Cochrane

(2)Archer "liberates" Orion slave girl ship-interfering with the culture affairs of other races in defiance of the "vulcan" non-interference idea-begins a "underground-railroad" .

(3) Enterprise stumbles across an old Dx-100 sleeper ship, at first has orders from Earth to "wake-up" the colonist, but discovers the ship is the S.S. Botany Bay launched in 2046(can fix the Star Trek time-line)and Archer has to make a moral decision...what to do with Khan....turn off life-support, or let Trip make needed repairs to the ship, leaving Khan to continue toward destination....or sabotage his navigational systems...sending him toward deep space.

Headborg, (1) already has been done with TOS and kirk.

(2) Umm, a little clarity please?

(3) GREAT IDEA!!!! You should recommend that to B&B!!!

The crew discovers a genetic equivalent to Noah's Ark on an ice planet, which is a radically different type of "space shuttle" design made specifically for travel to mars, but got detoured somehow (thinking an alpha quadrant equivalent of the device that dragged Voyager to the Delta Quadrant).

The crew discovers a genetic equivalent to Noah's Ark on an ice planet, which is a radically different type of "space shuttle" design made specifically for travel to mars, but got detoured somehow (thinking an alpha quadrant equivalent of the device that dragged Voyager to the Delta Quadrant).

ok-but does it have to be a earth designed ship-meant for mars? Right there you run into alot of Star Trek Canon- historical space-flight chronology problems. how about an alien ark?

I greet you all. Here in Germany we produce the straight fan film "star Trek: The legacy ". Its a crossover story between TNG and TOS.

More in this board <_<

ok-but does it have to be a earth designed ship-meant for mars? Right there you run into alot of Star Trek Canon- historical space-flight chronology problems. how about an alien ark?

Not really, cause i figure that something like that would've been done. All that would be required is extending/enlarging the fuselage. I was thinking something along the lines of this being a safety measure some scientists make for in case earth is wiped out, thus the use of an earth designed ship, not an alien ark <_< . Besides, i can imagine the vulcans throwing a fit over finding some other alien group entering the terran "sphere of influence".

(1)Enterprise finds Cochrane

This was already done with a TOS episode, and I think Cochrane would remember a previous Enterprise finding him.

(2)Archer "liberates" Orion slave girl ship-interfering with the culture affairs of other races in defiance of the "vulcan" non-interference idea-begins a "underground-railroad" .

I think they're already learned their lesson in inteferring with other cultures, but the idea of liberating slaves is awesome! <_<

(3) Enterprise stumbles across an old Dx-100 sleeper ship, at first has orders from Earth to "wake-up" the colonist, but discovers the ship is the S.S. Botany Bay launched in 2046(can fix the Star Trek time-line)and Archer has to make a moral decision...what to do with Khan....turn off life-support, or let Trip make needed repairs to the ship, leaving Khan to continue toward destination....or sabotage his navigational systems...sending him toward deep space.

1. The ship was launched in 1996, according to "Space Seed" and The Wrath of Kahn, so changing the date to 2046 throws off continuity really bad. How does it fix the Trek timeline? :wub:

2. If the NX-01 had run into Khan, wouldn't Kirk's Enterprise have those records, and as a result, ignore the Botonay Bay?

3. It's a cool concept, but I just don't see how it would work.

1. The ship was launched in 1996, according to "Space Seed" and The Wrath of Kahn, so changing the date to 2046 throws off continuity really bad.  How does it fix the Trek timeline? :wub:

2. If the NX-01 had run into Khan, wouldn't Kirk's Enterprise have those records, and as a result, ignore the Botonay Bay?

3. It's a cool concept, but I just don't see how it would work.[/color]

(1) Cap, i think by "fixes" headborg means it'd place it during a time where it's more likely to occur, as the Cryosat and mars mission episodes show space craft which, despite "supposedly" coming around after the DY-100 is made, they are less advanced, and the fact no mention of a war was included in the episode of Voyager where (when? :wub: ) they are on earth during 1996.

(2) Not necessarily, due to all the temporal cold war stuff that's going on during Enterprise's journeys, starfleet may decide they're better off putting jonathan archer's adventures under Top Secret, so as not to possibly ruin the future as it's supposed to happen (this would also explain a lack of the ship being mentioned on later Starships named Enterprise/ et al).

(3) I just gave reasons why it could work, nyah <_< .

1. The ship was launched in 1996, according to "Space Seed" and The Wrath of Kahn, so changing the date to 2046 throws off continuity really bad.  How does it fix the Trek timeline? :look:

3. It's a cool concept, but I just don't see how it would work.[/color]

(1) Cap, i think by "fixes" headborg means it'd place it during a time where it's more likely to occur, as the Cryosat and mars mission episodes show space craft which, despite "supposedly" coming around after the DY-100 is made, they are less advanced, and the fact no mention of a war was included in the episode of Voyager where (when? :blink: ) they are on earth during 1996.

Well, the other ships were shown in recent times, thus they needed to be more realistic than some DY-100 sleeper ship that was seen in a single episode. As for Voyager not mentioning the Eugenics War, just becuase it wasn't mentioned, that doesn't mean it didn't happen. As for the DY-100 sleeper ship, one could always assume that it was a secret prototype or something. ;)

(2) Not necessarily, due to all the temporal cold war stuff that's going on during Enterprise's journeys, starfleet may decide they're better off putting jonathan archer's adventures under Top Secret, so as not to possibly ruin the future as it's supposed to happen (this would also explain a lack of the ship being mentioned on later Starships named Enterprise/ et al).

I see no logical reason for Starfleet to do this, especially since there's no Temporal Prime Directive yet. As for making the missions top secret, how are you going to keep everyone else from talking about them, like the Klingons for example?

(3) I just gave reasons why it could work, nyah :bow: .

Your reasons throw continuity to the wind though. :o

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard

I always had the idea for an ep that was a bit of a rehash of 'Things Past'.

I think it would work best early in season 4 when Enterprise is presumably in spacedock for repairs. Archer would be depressed as this day in the anniversary of his father's death. He is still upset that the Vulcans held back information that ultimately kept his father from seeing his engine fly. T'pol would try to help Archer of his depression but Archer would lash out at her and dismiss her. Archer is then called down to engineering to oversee some repairs. In engineering there would be an accident that causes Archer to hit his head and sends him into a coma.

In his coma, he would know who he is but to everyone else he would appear to be Soval. This would be in Soval's first days as ambassador to Earth (I'm not sure when that would be, probably the 2120s). 'Archer' would decide to give more information regarding warp technolgy to Earth. He would then be recalled to Vulcan because of his actions.

During his hearing or court martial or whatever, there is news of an explosion on Earth, at the Warp 5 complex. It turns out that while experimenting with the data that 'Archer' gave them, the humans messed up because they did not have enough experience with warp technology (luckily there was no antimatter in the explosion). Anyway, 'Archer' decides to go to the site of the accident to help with recovery and rescue. While digging through the rubble 'Archer' finds a badly wounded Henry Archer. 'Archer' tries to help him but Henry Archer dies in his arms. Archer then awakens from his coma quite disturbed.

While recovering in sickbay Archer apologizes to T'pol and he says he thinks he

finally understands why the Vulcans withheld information on warp technology.

I don't know how good this is but it has always sort of been stuck in my head since the series started. I realize that the wording is sort of awkward. I'm not sure what to call the episode. Someone once suggested 'There are Reasons'. I was thinking 'Non-Interference'. Any suggestions?

I also had the idea of the Enteprise crew attempting to stop a comet from hitting an innocent planet. However, they would be prevented from completing the mission by Daniels who says that this planet must be destroyed in order to restore the timeline. I was thinking the planet might end up being Denoublia since we haven't seen or heard of it in later series. This would also be huge development for Phlox since he would be one of the last of his people. Probably not a likely plot though. That one could be called "Sacrafices" or something.

Oh, I do like the underground railroad with the Orion Slave girls. That sounds cool.

I just thought of another title for my suggested episode: "Natural Development".

Any thoughts on my idea? I know its not great and needs some refining.

I don't know how good this is but it has always sort of been stuck in my head since the series started. I realize that the wording is sort of awkward. I'm not sure what to call the episode. Someone once suggested 'There are Reasons'. I was thinking 'Non-Interference'. Any suggestions?

I also had the idea of the Enteprise crew attempting to stop a comet from hitting an innocent planet. However, they would be prevented from completing the mission by Daniels who says that this planet must be destroyed in order to restore the timeline. I was thinking the planet might end up being Denoublia since we haven't seen or heard of it in later series. This would also be huge development for Phlox since he would be one of the last of his people. Probably not a likely plot though. That one could be called "Sacrafices" or something.

These are good ideas. In particular the one about Denobula would be especially compelling in light of the fact that it was Phlox who convinved Archer not to interfere with the evolution on a world where they could have saved the lead species. It would be interesting to see Phlox's struggle now that "non-interference" threatens the survival of his own world. One comment is that the Denobulans would have been able to evacuate some of their people since they have warp capability, so there would be a remnant, more than just Phlox and a handful of others.

The other idea was also excellent, because the Vulcans are not bad guys. It fits in well with the episode where Archer met the Vulcans without logic, who could become extremely violent when out of control, and so at the end he confessed to T'pol that he understood better their need for logic and control of emotions. Your episode would be another example of Archer growing out of his suspicion of Vulcans, into understanding them, and realizing they are allies.

I just thought of another title for my suggested episode: "Natural Development".

The part about Archer's Dad dying in his arms in a dream, gets a big thumbs up from me...it's a real good idea....only one question..point.....Archer needs to be near the Warp 5 complex at the time of the explosion....I don't think his dad could lie around "waiting" to expire while Archer makes the trip back from Vulcan. But great otherwise!

The part about Archer's Dad dying in his arms in a dream, gets a big thumbs up from me...it's a real good idea....only one question..point.....Archer needs to be near the Warp 5 complex at the time of the explosion....I don't think his dad could lie around "waiting" to expire while Archer makes the trip back from Vulcan. But great otherwise!

Yeah, you've got a good point there. Ok, how about he is being reprimanded or whatever at the Vulcan embassy in San Francisco. In this time period I don't think it takes very long to get from San Francisco to Montana.

I hate that B&B don't let us send in scripts....

Evil Paramount and Viacom!!!

Enterprise would be much better with more continuity...

Yeah, you've got a good point there. Ok, how about he is being reprimanded or whatever at the Vulcan embassy in San Francisco. In this time period I don't think it takes very long to get from San Francisco to Montana.

there u go! run with that......type it up, copy it, wrap it up....mail it to yourself(post mark by USP...it's called "the poor man's copyright...proves when it was your idea...interlectual property rights) then mail another copy to 'em!

Fat chance any of would have winning in such a case against Paramount. :(

Wow! Great ideas in this thread!! I liked the Khan, the "Sacrifice" and many others. Cool.

I'll think on something too. :naughty:

ok...some of my "bread&butter" ideas, what the heck Paramont isn't calling:

near the end of any episode where Enterprise back in Earth orbit:

we see Reed walking back into the Armory for some reason, and the whole Armory blows up, Reed comes staggering out with an Arm blown off and all scared up(disfigured)....there's an investigation as to the cause of the accident....the "photonic" torpedos.. they get pulled off of Enterprise till the problem can be solved.. fixes the "not suppose to be there-now" problem....back story that we don't learn till later....cloaked Romulan ship in orbit directed a "tackyon beam" at the Armory....we say that early anti-matter containment wasn't shielded enough for tackyon particles......and this is why Romulans don't have them, and are using plasma torpedos......their cloaking tech leaks tackyons and cause them to go boom. plasma torpedos use- tri-lithium as the explosive. nx-01 enterprise uses a di-lithium matrix...we say that's like small di-lithium fragments...the scraps that the Vulcans are kind enough to give starfleet....di-lithium is rare...expensive/ Vulcan scientist comes up with new technology for "cracking" tri-lithium to make di-lithium.....re-visit the concept of "lithium cracking stations" ....the Vulcans know the Romulans use tri-lithium as a "weapons"

material.....would rather see Earth "set on" those planets with tri-lithium deposits...so they put Earth and Romulans on an intercept course for war....the Romulans see earth as 'wanting' tri-lithium for weapons.....but the "new technology" works later after the war. Reed becomes the first star-fleet officer with a "disability" showing there's room in the future for those with disabilitys and disfigurment" and it really adds to his character...and later when he discovers it was the Romulans that did it! He becomes a Romulan hater for life! And He develops a better "shielding" method for the photonic torpedos just in time to help Archer save the day at the historical Battle of Charon! Enterprise charges in with the new "photon" torpedos.