Sign in to follow this  
master_q

Spring Cleaning

Hello StarTrekFans.net members,

Spring cleaning is coming! We still have a lot of time but we will start early. As a mod of StarTrekFans.net Trek News forum I will be cleaning the forum up to make it shine. This includes merging some correlated topics, possibly (but not expecting - which everyone should be proud of) expurgating posts, posting a brand new & better pinned welcome topic.

Since it is spring cleaning any suggestions, comments, and/or questions would be appreciated. So please reply!

New Welcome Message

(draft of what new message might look like - edits to this might occur)

------------------

StarTrekFans.net's

Trek News Forum

Welcome to the Trek News Forum! The purpose of this forum is to converse about and to report the latest Star Trek news. This might include but is not restricted to news on future Star Trek episodes or movies, upcoming or recently held conventions, new Star Trek related products, news concerning the actors or actress or production/writing staff, birthdays, and MORE. Due to the nature of a Trek News forum it should be expected to see possible spoilers. You have been warned!

Copyright Info

Any material used on this site is done so under Fair Use, Freedom of Speech, Public Domain and Freedom of the Press guarantees by the constitution of the United States of America.

Reporting Star Trek News Items

You are more then welcomed to post topics on a news item that you found that interests you. If you are going to post a topic then please check to see if there is already a topic on the news item in the forum. If there is already a topic then you can comment on that news item in the appropriate topic.

Topics that have a direct and apparent correlation might be merged.

On material that belongs to an individual or group: copyrighted work, private papers, words on tapes or records, and things to that nature should cite the source of the information.

What about Public Domain?

Public domain refers to the body of knowledge and material that belongs to society versus a specific group or individual. This includes: uncopyrighted published works, publications of the U.S. government, and observable facts and data. Even though public domain does belong to everyone I would prefer that you STILL cite the source as courtesy.

Expected Etiquette

Use common sense. Don't attack someone. Don't use color metaphor. Don't post something that is not appropriate. If warranted I will expurgate posts. Further actions and consequences may proceed.

Debates are more then expectable but (again) you have to use common sense. Some of the topics posted in this forum include the direction of Star Trek and because of that a debate may emerge. A full out polemic may result in the moving of the debate to the Risa forum.

------------------

I believe I will be adding a few more things to it including a link to the testing forum and all of that. I also might change the organization of it but I will deal with that later.

One of the things that I'll talk to the mods about later is in the future we should have a competition for our members to create a banner for each individual forum. So one month it will be the TOS banner competition. The winner of the competition will have there banner immortalized with the regulars. Then another forum will be the next banner competition and so on. So that's one of the things I was thinking about. Originally I was just thinking about a Trek News banner and Trivia banner but expanding that idea to the rest of the forums would be better.

Other then that if you have any suggestions, comments, or even question then please post them!

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

Yesterday I worked on StarTrekFans.net's Official Star Trek Trivia --- today I will work on this forum

Things I will be doing:

--Finalize the New Welcome Message

--Merging Some Topics

--Update You on the News

--Setting up a Future Trek News Session in the Chat Room (which we might do every other month)**

**The Trek-News-Talk...?

Every other month we might do something new in the chat room -- a Trek-News-Talk session in the chat room. It will be a moderated session discussing the latest Star Trek news, science/technology news, and maybe a few unusual (off the beat) news articles. You can also talk about all of the recent ENT episodes and what your thoughts were and of course we'll look into the upcoming ENT episodes.

This is just something that I'm considering doing in the future. Nothing at this time is set in stone. It might work ----If we have some good discussions on the latest Star Trek news and ENT, then it should work out fine. And if we throw in some good (and very laymen) news on science/technology and some neat off the beat news it could be fun.

And this also depends on the demand for it. That will be a factor if we do this kind of session in the [somewhat near] future. And depending on other variables I might space them out a bit more then every other month......... But we'll see.

If there are any comments on Trek-News-Talk it is more then welcome. (Or if you have any comments or suggestions in general)

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com