Sign in to follow this  
Q stole my bike

Just watched both parts of "Chain of Command"

I think the main thing I liked about it was it had some paralelles with 1984, which is my all-time favorite book. The whole time that Picard was held captive reminded me of when Winston was captured by the Thought Police, especially the "How many lights are there?" deal.

Patrick Stewart's acting was phenominal :quark: I mean, just, wow.

On a lighter note, when that Cardassian dude was like "From now on you will be reffered to as...human." reminded me of "24601" in Les Mis, and I got the funniest mental image of a Cardassian as Javert. This was extremely funny for me because this fall I was in my school's production of Les Mis and the guy I like played Javert.

So, in summary, an all-around great episode. :b-day:

Definitely one of the best episodes TNG did. Patrick Stewart was incredible. That scene where they rip his clothes off and hang him by his wrist restraints he actually shot in the nude for more realism.

On a lighter note, Data looked darn good in those command colours and sitting in that first officer's chair. sigh

Can't agree more with you guys, Chain of Command is great! You get to see Picard in a totally new situation and see sides of him you've never seen before. Patrick Stewart did an awesome job and made it one of the best TNG eps ever!

naw that was one amazing episode.. i loved it and yea patrick did do a great job acting in that, he is really talented... *sigh* too bad i cant find the TNG season 6 box set oh well anywho so if it didnt rank in ur top few list do u mind telling me which eps are ur favs

Loved it. It was great. They did a good job choosing the actor to play Jeleco. I liked seing Troi in uniform and Data in a red uniform.

BTW, what was the point of the whole four-lights thing? I never understood why he kept asking. I also don't understand why Picard tells Troi he thought he might have been able to see five lights at the end.

Edited by Danny

Loved it. It was great. They did a good job choosing the actor to play Jeleco. I liked seing Troi in uniform and Data in a red uniform.

BTW, what was the point of the whole four-lights thing? I never understood why he kept asking. I also don't understand why Picard tells Troi he thought he might have been able to see five lights at the end.

It's a form of Mind Control. Once they are able to make Picard see what they tell him he should see then they have broken his mind and they can begin with their re-programing or whatever their plans are.

I have to say, QSMB, I agree with your thing about Les Miserables. I never thought about it like that before but you are right.

Data is even cuter in red and he was already really cute normally. :)

The episode all around rocked. It was in fact the second TNG episode I ever saw. Had it not been a good episode, I might have never watched anymore of of TNG because the first episode I ever saw was Frame of Mind and that episode sucked.