Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

U.S.S. Defiant "First Contact" Cameo

Excellent, not just because I'm a ship-lover, but from a storyline standpoint. IMO, it was the best way possible to get Worf back onto the Enterprise without needing some far-fetched explanation. I kinda felt strange about the Defiant getting its exhaust ports kicked, but that's just what happens when you're up against the Borg (unless, of, course, your last name is "Janeway" :quark: ). So, I thought it was a great cameo.

Edited by Ace

I thought it was great!

First of all I love it when there are series crossovers plus it gave us a chance to see how a Defiant-class vessel stood up to the Borg. Sure it got pulverized pretty badly but who knows all the stuff that occured before the Enterprise saved it.

I loved it. It added continueity, but I had always wished that O'Brien would have been involved too. It would have been great to see Geordi and O'Brien together again.

Guest Guest

I felt that this Cameo was done exceptionally well... morethan likely the best reason that Worf was on board out of all the movies except for Generations. I liked the comment "You still do remember how to fire phasers right?" lol

I felt that It could have used the quantum Torps.....

Phasers too....

I felt that It could have used the quantum Torps.....

It probably did.

Phasers too....

It did.

I thought it was odd that a ship designed to protect us from the Borg would be beaten so badly. It's a good thing that we had the Enterprise.

The Defiant fought the Borg from the Typhon Sector to Earth. It lasted however long it took the Enterprise to warp from the Neutral Zone to Earth. Taking these events into account, the ship held out for a long time before coming close to destruction. :laugh:

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Stardate:214205.9

I thought it was cool.Good way to get work aboard.It would of been cooler thoghu tto see more of the ds9 crew aboard but oh well.I like what Riker tells Worf.

Riker:Tough little ship

Worf:Little?!?

:dude:

I love crossovers, and it was a great way to get Worf on the Enterprise.

However I always thought it to be a bit strange that the Enterprise could drop its shields and not be shot down.. And many ships were destroyed, did they choose to save just the Defiants members and then ignored the rest, since it seems unlikely they would drop the shields repeatedly to transport people from different ships..

Then again, maybe they did.. :dude:

The Defiant fought the Borg from the Typhon Sector to Earth.  It lasted however long it took the Enterprise to warp from the Neutral Zone to Earth.  Taking these events into account, the ship held out for a long time before coming close to destruction. :) [/color]

Uh CJLP

the Defiant didn't attack the Cube at the Typhon sector.

The Defiant was ordered to sector 001 to help defences there.

Listen to the Comm. talk when Picard ordered to put up the audio, the first few things u can hear someone ordered Worf to head to earth.

That's because the writer knows that the Defiant & Worf would die if they stayed & fight at that sector.

Anyway, its a nice joinup story :)

Uh CJLP

the Defiant didn't attack the Cube at the Typhon sector.

The Defiant was ordered to sector 001 to help defences there.

Listen to the Comm. talk when Picard ordered to put up the audio, the first few things u can hear someone ordered Worf to head to earth.

That's because the writer knows that the Defiant & Worf would die if they stayed & fight at that sector.

Anyway, its a nice joinup story :)

Um, I don't recall that. :) I remember a ship or two (possibly the Defiant) being told to "fall back", or something similar, but I don't remember any ships being told to return to Earth. I'd check, but my FC's out on loan right now. :)

?: "Defiant & Bousman fall back to mobile position 1"

?: "Achknowledge"

That's the best I can hear :)

sounds like they are telling those 2 to fill the flanks of the main group guarding earth's path.

:)

I think it was portrayed kind of weak..

We never saw its quantum torpedoes...

maybe they finished their quantum load already before they show us the Defiant fighting.

:unsure:

Or the Borg manage to disable their launcher.

:)