Sign in to follow this  
livlonganprospe

Casting Add Ons

Would you support the O'Connell brothers? [Quinn Mallory,Charlie Mallory  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Would you support the O'Connell brothers? [Quinn Mallory,Charlie Mallory

• yes.
    • no.

I thought of them because they were great in Sliders, these guys are a very dynamic set of actors that are familiar to si-fi. I was sitting here thinking if there were to be a Enterprise movie the movies theme should be about the building other starships, [at least 2] the makings of the Federation and the capt's. with there crew. I thought Jerry [Quinn Mallory] would be perfect because he's a action type of guy like Kirk. Of course Archer and crew would team together in the movies adventures.After the movie in a new season of ENT. they would be regulars sometimes rotating the episodes of the starships, why not, who said Star Trek has to be always about one ship all of the time? What say you? :flowers:

Edited by livlonganprospe

If they do an ENT movie, I'd expect it to conclude the Romulan war, be about the founding of the UFP, or about the TCW. I don't see how "ship building" would be all that interresting. I'd also rather wait till after ENT run's it's coarse instead of having a mid-series movie.

As for a Trek series with more than one ship as a setting?

1. Too expensive.

2. Too confusing for Trek newbies.

3. I don't like anthology shows.

If they do an ENT movie, I'd expect it to conclude the Romulan war, be about the founding of the UFP, or about the TCW.  I don't see how "ship building" would be all that interresting.

I was more concern about the casting of the actors, would they be good commanders? I'm also concern about the Romulan war and the UFP. but I think more than one starship in a war situation, a wing man to cover for you would be more realistic. As far as the cost of the movie, it all has to do with the story line, action and actors, it will have to do 3x's better than the last in order to make the money back in one weekend, I know what your saying $$$, the movie would totally about "building ships" 5 or 10 min. of film I think the movie can be the prelude to the Romulan war and when ever ENT. will ever conclude the Expanse the tv series can pickup from the movie.

Edited by livlonganprospe

If they do an ENT movie, I'd expect it to conclude the Romulan war, be about the founding of the UFP, or about the TCW.  I don't see how "ship building" would be all that interresting.

I was more concern about the casting of the actors, would they be good commanders?

The actors could pull off main characters, but not the lead in my opinion.

I'm also concern about the Romulan war and the UFP. but I think more than one starship in a war situation, a wing man to cover for you would be more realistic.

They've never done this in Trek before, why start now? In Trek "wingmans" would be picked off like bugs. :blink: However, I would like to see some fighters like those in DS9's Dominion War.

As far as the cost of the movie, it all has to do with the story line, action and actors, it will have to do 3x's better than the last in order to make the money back in one weekend, I know what your saying $$$, the movie would totally about "building ships" 5 or 10 min. of film I think the movie can be the prelude to the Romulan war and when ever ENT. will ever conclude the Expanse the tv series can pickup from the movie.

Trying to make the 11th movie "bigger and better" then NEMESIS will ensure it's failure. Sequals allways fail when they're intended to be better than the first. Just make an exciting Trek movie and let the audience be the judge. ENT's Expanse arc ends with the season finale in May. I just don't see how a "shipbuilding" movie would work. ENT is about "Starfleet's first mission", not engineers building starships.

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard

We're getting off topic.......

I think they're good actors but not for startrek.....

Shatner was self-centered and tooo melodramatic....