Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shadowfigment

The Shadow's Figment

The 21st Day Of February In The Blood Year 20,032

(21 February 2004)

Hello. I am Sombra Muerte, and I wish I were dead.

Please know that as I say this that every mortal fiber once existing in me is already dead, for I am a vampire. Some of you might wonder why I would wish myself out of the grasp of immortality, or why I would shun such a wondrous gift. Immortality is a damning curse bestowed upon my father, my father's father and every previous generation of my kind going back to the first. I call him Caine, while others call him Khayyin or Utanapishtim.

I have been immortal for a mere blink of an eye (364 years to be exact) and I already find the loneliness unbearable. I spend my days (you mortals would know them as nights, since sunlight has a most painful effect upon us) in a routine seeming to me to have been going on forever. I awake, dress myself, leave my abode going out amongst the shadows of the night, and return before daybreak to slumber in the darkness that is my life.

When I was younger, I used to enjoy the hunt. Now, I do not hunt. I find no purpose in it. I expend no blood, therefore I need no blood. Only when I use my vampiric abilities do I need the kiss of vitae to sustain me.

More recently, to add spice to my miserable pattern, I made the choice to find an occupation. Something at night, to fill in the hours lacking from the hunt. I made the decision to work at an all night department store. I must confess to you that I like watching people, especially couples who are very much in love (for love is a luxury not easily found within the society of the immortal). I find people to be very interesting, especially their mannerisms and little quirks. It was at my newest hobby that I found her.

She, whose name I have not asked, walked in toward the middle of the day (around 11:30 pm) last Thursday. She, with her raven hair, dark complexion and even darker eyes took my breath away (not that I actually have to breathe, but It does help me blend in a little easier). When she strolled down my aisle of cereals and other grains, she said, "Hello" with the sweetest of voices. As she left, I noticed her look over her shoulder and smile a bit (in my direction) before checking out and leaving.

I wonder if she could be the distraction from immortality that I need?

Well the day is about to end, and the sun about to arise. I bid you adieu. Until the next time.

Signed,

Sombra Muerte De La Sangre

The 22nd Day Of February In The Blood Year 20,032

(22 February 2004)

Hello to you, the reader of my confessions.

Today I awoke with a new approach on life, as I could not stop thinking about my midnight beauty. As I dressed for my shift at the department store, she was in my every thought. With this mortal, I know I must be cautious. A distraction of this magnitude could prove to be dangerous for a being like myself.

As I arrived at my meaningful hobby, and was clocking in, I noticed my raven-haired diversion. I also observed that she was with a tall man, with sandy hair and rugged features. He looked to be her age, approximately 28 years, give or take. They were in a shoulder embrace as they walked though the store picking up items. Watching them I could feel the warmth leave my body and the color leave my skin (forcing blood to the capilaries in the skin is a little trick that helps me to appear more of the human persuasion). It appeared that my diversion had an amusement of her own. Feeling ill, I talked to my supervisor and left.

Driving home, I felt rage seethe through my deceased body. My cold, lifeless heart raged. I could feel myself loosing control. I wanted her to fall in love with me, not someone else. I immediately pulled my car over and parked it on a side street overlooking a park. Getting out of my car, I knew I was going to hunt.

Using the last bit of power remaining in my blood, I turned my form from that of a man into that of shadow and waited beside a Elm tree near the sidewalk. It was not long until a short, red-headed adult man came walking alone, along the sidewalk. As he walked briskly past the spot I occupied, I re-materialized my hand and grabbed his neck and mouth. He was so surprised by my unseen presence that he had no time to scream. As I sank my stiletto teeth into his warm jugular and consumed his precious vitae, I could feel my rage subsiding and his life waning. I pulled my fangs out of his neck and delicately licked the wound (making the bite marks disappear, a necessity for keeping my kind hidden from the living world).

I left the man (who was unconscious and most definitely in shock) lying beside the tree. He would eventually awake groggy, with a huge headache but have lasting effect from my meal. For those of you who believe that the bite of our kind precipitates the turning of a mortal into a vampire, let me be the first to inform you that this is not the case. The process is a little more complex.

As I walked back to the car, I no longer thought about the magnificent creation that walked my store. I thought of nothing more than getting back home and waiting for a brand new day. Maybe tomorrow’s events will bring me a different distraction to keep the time in my never ending life.

The day is about to end, and the sun about to arise. Until the next confession, I bid you all adieu.

Sombra Muerte De La Sangre