Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

Photo from Mars

mars_soil2.jpg

What are they? Martian Insectiod Eggs! Just Kidding!

Here are the two main theories Mission Scientists have put forth to explain them.

1. They have been dubbed "Sphericals". They made from glass thrown into the atmosphere of Mars from ancient volcanoes. In the 'air' they cool and become rounded (by the same forces that make raindrops round) and litter the landscape.

Theory 2 says they were formed inside other Mars volcanic rocks. Inside the rocks were holes (or bubbles) from when the rock was nearly molten. Over time other dissolved minerals (minerals dissolved in water or lava is the burning question) percolated through the 'parent' rock and filled in the holes or bubbles. Next, erosion to the parent rock exposes the Sphericals; they fall away from the parent leaving the landscape littered with them.

They look like nerds.

But anyways im going to make up some dumb theory about what they are.

As you said the might be glass from a volcano but it was used in a mars egypthian temple before they migrated to earth because of the lose of the atmosphere and set up a floating colony known as atlantis.

maybe they are like rare gem like things.. mars style.. *rubs hands together..* hehe, well it is a possibility.. but what they actualy are.. well they could be just plain round rocks.. has any one thought of that? rocks? *shrugs* what ever.. maybe if i ever go to mars ill figure it out.. but untill we start to send ppl up there i guess we will have to do with pictures.. unless the rovers can take samples.. can they do that? bah what ever.. ;)

They might be a type of plant or fruit

Thanks for being one of the thoughtful responders Syperphobia :) First thing I thought of when I seen em was seeds but the scientific analysis so far is showing them to be mineral deposits in the hollows of vulcanic rocks. The volcanic rock wears away reveling the Sphericals which are more erosion resistant to sand blasting.

i'm leaning towards theory 2. That they are a type of very crude glass formed in bubbles what were inside the volcanic rock. After much erosion, the glass type spherical which is much denser than the rock that encased it.

They might be a type of plant or fruit

Thanks for being one of the thoughtful responders Syperphobia :) First thing I thought of when I seen em was seeds but the scientific analysis so far is showing them to be mineral deposits in the hollows of vulcanic rocks. The volcanic rock wears away reveling the Sphericals which are more erosion resistant to sand blasting.

They look like peaches, but that could of been cause i was hungry... Do you know the magnification of the picture? Is it microscopic or is that the actual size of the picture?

actually those were analyzed and were said to be hematite...

Hematite is special as it's streak is orange red or red...

not many have that kind of streak...

The Weekly World news told us there was life on Mars years ago, they also introduced us to batboy. NASA is years behind the tabloids with the facts. :laugh:

mars_soil2.jpg

What are they?

I believe they are Xindi-Insectoid eggs, that or the larva form of the Sphere Builders. :laugh:

Martian mushrooms?

I know! The Xenomorph eggs from Aliens, right? :wacko: