Sign in to follow this  
TransporterMalfunction

Worf/Dorn

What are your opinons about Worf and Michael Dorn portrayal of him?

I have always found Worf to be one of the most interesting characters and have especially enjoyed the growth of the character. In many episodes in which Worf has embraced the Klingon culture the writers often used this to teach moral messages of life and the combination of good writing and acting from Dorn allowed this aspect to be portrayed without becoming patronising.

I enjoyed the Klingon episodes too. Ron Moore especially did an excellent job fleshing out so much of the Klingon culture.

I like Worf as a character although he isn't among my top 3 of favourites. There were many little things that Worf did that got on my nerves - like the faces he would make if his suggestion was not taken by the captain or whoever was in command at the time. Of course I hated his behaviour towards Data in Gambit.

I liked Dorn's portrayal of Worf. His deep voice suits to the HUGE Klingon. ;)

He did an amazing job, though Worf isn't one of my all-time fave characters but that's because I'm not much into Klingons in general, it has nothing to do with Worf as a character. ;)

Mrs. Captain Picard

From the first moment I saw Worf on the Ent I was so: ;) I knew right then big changes had occurred between The two Super-Powers and I couldn't wait to hear about it. TNG would not have been the same without Worf!

I'm a big time Worf fan..Have been since the first episode on TNG..I always enjoyed the Klingon episodes on TNG..A lot of times he didn't have alot to do..But I always remember his littles comments..He had such a perfect voice for a Klingon..I remember that episode 'The Last Outpost'..On the planet at the portal I still remember Worfs one line...

No, for battle come to me..!!! ;)

Worf made a huge impact on DS9 too..Star Trek is a lot better for having the Worf character..

;)

I couldn;t even imagine anyone else doing that part.

Dorn was perfect...he said a lot with his facial expressions so many

times.

I liked Worf except for 3 occasions The Ship, Looking for Par'Mach in all the Wrong Places, and Let He Who Is Without Sin. In these three episodes, he was such a big cry baby and arrogent ***** that he was ruining the established atmosphere on DS9 from the first 3 seasons. Thank god he got better and actually felt like he belonged.

As for TNG, he was a pretty good character but not one of my favorites. I loved his Arc episodes, and how he developed. I think making him ambassador to Kronos was a perfect way to end his character. Pity he was in Nemesis IMO.

Note: I changed a "naughty* word to * after consulting with our fearless leader.

Takara

I couldn't even imagine anyone else doing that part.

times.

I couldn;t even imagine anyone else doing that part.

times.

I agree with you entirely.