Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Mini-series instead of an 11th movie?

My full qoute would be:
OK, I could be wrong on the budget thing. However, a TV movie is made to be 90 mins long, becuase 1/4 of the two-hour time block will be commercials. I've yet to see a TV movie that was longer than 90 minutes without commercials.

So, as you see, I said, "I've yet to see a TV movie that was longer than 90 minutes without commercials."

...which is why I was introducing you to some that are longer than 90 minutes without commercials. :bow:

My full qoute would be:
OK, I could be wrong on the budget thing. However, a TV movie is made to be 90 mins long, becuase 1/4 of the two-hour time block will be commercials. I've yet to see a TV movie that was longer than 90 minutes without commercials.

So, as you see, I said, "I've yet to see a TV movie that was longer than 90 minutes without commercials."

...which is why I was introducing you to some that are longer than 90 minutes without commercials. ;)

OIC Hmm... I dunno, I just don't like the idea of a TV movie. I've only seen one that I actually liked. :bow: I'd rather have a theatrical movie or mini-series. ;)

a Miniseries could take a movie like Nemesis, which was originally supposed to be like 3 hours, and break it up. you could have 5 episodes of 45 minutes each and play them one a night. that's a 3 hour, 45 minute movie. then you release it on DVD shortly after the original air date.

My full qoute would be:

...which is why I was introducing you to some that are longer than 90 minutes without commercials. :bag:

OIC Hmm... I dunno, I just don't like the idea of a TV movie. I've only seen one that I actually liked. :bag: I'd rather have a theatrical movie or mini-series. :laugh:

Well you can always watch some of the ones I mentioned. I would recommend "A Murder Is Announced" as a good choice, although most of Agatha Christie's work is good.

The BBC made many Miss Marple murder mysteries and they are all very good.