Sign in to follow this  
t'mir

Who is your fave actor/actress?

Tell us who your favorite actor/actress is and why! Here are mine:

Actor:

Contemporary: Chris Cooper, tied with Mel Gibson

Classic: James Cagney and James Stewart :assimilated:

Cooper's performances leave me breathless, he's so believable. And I respect Mel Gibson as a person as well as for his acting skills and good looks :assimilated:. James Cagney is perfectly funny and gangster-like, and Stewart quite likey one of the best actors of all time.

Movies their in: Cooper: The Patriot, October Sky

Gibson: Patriot, Braveheart, many others

Cagney: Time of You're Life, Love Me or Leave Me, Yankee Doodle Dandy

Stewart: Wonderful Life, Vertigo, Rear Window

Actress:

Contemporary: Jennifer Aniston & Sissy Spacek

Classic: Bette Davis and Katherine Hepburn

I like Jennifer Aniston cuz I always wanted to be pretty like her, and Sissy is the best actress ever. Davis has a cold, romantic style, and Hepburn blows everyone out of the water when it some to acting.

This is ALL IMO, so please don't yell at me because you disagree!!!

Love, T :laugh:

Well I have always thought Sir Sean Connery is an amazing actor. He does so many different characters from James Bond to William Forrester. He is so great.

I also really like Jason Stathom (Bacon from "Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels", Turkish from "Snatch", Handsome Rob from "The Italian Job"). He is pretty funny.

And I have got to agree with you there, T'Mir. Jimmy Stewart rocks! Rear Window and Vertigo are great! And It's a Wonderful Life is one of my favourites.

Also, I can't forget Steve McQueen. He is amazing in The Great Escape and Bullit.

I honestly can't think of any actresses right now... but I will. I'll save that for later.

Guess it's quite obvious who is my fave actor. ;)

Patrick Stewart ( :) ), of course. Why? He's simply amazing. He can play any role in any movie/on stage. That's what makes him such a fantastic actor. :)

Other actors I like are Sir Ian McKellen and Harrison Ford, but no one beats Pat. B)

Actresses...

Well, Sigourney Weaver is my fave actress. I liked her a lot in the "Alien" movies, or in "Jeffrey", for example. B)

Mrs. Captain Picard

I don't usually like an actor/actress based just on their films; I try to go by their personality in interviews and stuff. However, if I haven't seen them in an interview, I have no choice but to go by their movie/tv characters.

Actress - Sandra Bullock (Miss Congeniality, etc), Patricia Heaton (Everybody Loves Raymond), Betty White (Golden Girls, etc), Kelly Ripa (Live w/ Regis, Faith and Hope, etc), Helen Hunt (Mad About You, etc), Fran Drescher (The Nanny), Jane Kaczmerek(sp?) (Malcolm in the Middle).

Actor - Charlton Heston (a bunch of stuff), Mel Gibson (also, a bunch), Matt Perry (Friends), a few others I don't have time to write.

I don't/haven't watched some of these things, but all of them seem like really good people, funny, or both. :)

Edited by Ace

Just look at my avatar. I really like both Kiefer Sutherland and Dennis Haysbert. I think they are amazing on 24. I also like Colm Feore (Linoge in Stephen King's Storm of the Century) and Hugo Weaving. There are also several actors in Star Trek whom I think are great.

i like...

Actress: Jolene Blacklock(i think thats spelled correctly)

Actor: Val Kilmer

Drop the first 'ck' and you have it right. No big deal, we all know who you mean.