Sign in to follow this  
DrWho42

Remake "Assignment: Earth"?

Would you like to see something having to do with "Assignment: Earth" on television, either animated or live-action?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see something having to do with "Assignment: Earth" on television, either animated or live-action?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe.....
    • Better if it were an expansion, rather than remake
    • Depends....
    • They should have a book series on Gary Seven
    • Just as long if Robert Lansing and Teri Garr are in it
    • I don't think it would do well on television (ratings-wise)

One of my favorite Star Trek episodes, or at least one that I enjoy alot, is "Assignment: Earth". Originally it was to be an a spin-off to Star Trek, but taking place in the present (of the 1960's). Do you think such a show would be a good idea on television today?

:hug:;) :lol: ;)

doctorwho42avenger@hotmail.com

Doctor Who official website

The Adventures of drwho42 continues....

Click for Spoiler:

announce.jpg

'And Now For Something Completely Different....'-Announcer

Monty Python's Flying Circus

I voted that it would make a good book series as it already has. Gary Seven is a big part of the first two books in the book series "the rise and fall of Khan"(I won't try to spell the rest). Even though I do believe that the third book will be on Cete Alpha 5 they were both in the first two books. I would also have to say that a tv show would not work now as Teri Garr would not look so good in a mini skirt anymore :laugh: and I really don't feel that it would be right to have different actors do the part. IMHO

It depends on if they can get different actors to portray the roles..It would have been a good spin off series in the 60s but too much time has gone by. So if they do it now it would have to be with different actors..However, I would like to see it happen. I've always liked that Trek episode and the character of Gary Seven and his secretary..

I've always liked that Trek episode and the character of Gary Seven and his secretary..

Don't forget about his cat!!

I think the premise might still be relevant today. We seem to have a talent for getting ourselves in trouble, some well-intentioned, extra-terrestrial assistance might be just what we need. I agree that different actors would be necessary.

I'd be all for Assignment: Earth being re-made as a Series 6 two-hour premiere! :assimilated: Perhaps the TOS cast could be shown in the episode via stock footage or something? Anywho, the show could "start" in the 60's and jump time frames. I dunno, it would be like a Trek version of X-Files. :laugh:

What would it be called? Star Trek: Assignment: Earth or just Assignment: Earth??

Now i remember what i was going to do when finished in school. make a series on that if no one beats me to it.

What would it be called? Star Trek: Assignment: Earth or just Assignment: Earth??

Now i remember what i was going to do when finished in school. make a series on that if no one beats me to it.

If you're going to write it, you can call it anything you want!! :lol:

I always liked "Assignment: Earth" though, I don't think it was meant to have the Star Trek name.

I would love to see anything done having to do with these characters be it a series, a miniseries a feature film, anything but RL died and TG has said she won't be doing any more Trek so new actors would need to be cast thus killing the idea from the start.

They do however live on in books, :lol: check them out in Assignment: Eternity & The Eugenics Wars