Sign in to follow this  
WEAREBORG4102

What did they do with it when they got back?

Did they actually use Voyager as a museum on the Embarcadero when they got back?

No I bet they took that ship apart bit by bit to find out all its secrets. Thats what I would do and thats why the Enterprise did not have the tech in 10 as they were still trying to make sence of it still.

I don't think Voyager would be made into a muesum after only seven years. As for pulling the ship apart, I doubt that as well. Most likely, they reverse engineered Voyager's new and alien technology, then re-commissioned the ship a few years later.

As for why the hull armor and transphasic torpedoes weren't on the Enterprise in NEMESIS, it's simple. The movie was written before "Endgame". As for an in-story explanation, Starfleet wouldn't use the two technologies unless they had too, because it'd cause chaos within the local ballance of powers.

If Nemesis was written before endgame, then was it made before the full Voyager series? Because janeway did appear for that breif second on nemesis (wish it was longer) Then again, wasn't she an admiral? So it must have been after the whole voyager series. Maybe the shielding was incompadable with the enterprise?

I also fail to believe that Voyager got dismantled (even though that's what I've heard a lot) Then again with the museum theory, I donno. Doubt that one highly too though. :laugh:

If Nemesis was written before endgame, then was it made before the full Voyager series?

NEMESIS was written durring VOY's final season.

Because janeway did appear for that breif second on nemesis (wish it was longer) Then again, wasn't she an admiral? So it must have been after the whole voyager series.

Originally, I read - before "Endgame" aired - that Seven was to have a cameo in NEMESIS, but it was either written out or Jeri Ryan declined the role. Originally, the Picard/Admiral scene was with a random Admiral, but they called Kate Mulgrew and asked if she'd come in for a day and film a cameo as Admiral Janeway. Obviously, she was thrilled! ;) If they do a "Special Edition" NEMESIS DVD, I hope they include a short interview with what she thought of her cameo, being Admiral Janeway instead of Captain Janeway, and what she thought of the final scene. :)

Maybe the shielding was incompadable with the enterprise?

Doubtful. When the NEMESIS script was written, they knew VOY would return to Earth before the show ended, allowing them to have a VOY character make a cameo, but "Endgame" had not yet been written.

I also fail to believe that Voyager got dismantled (even though that's what I've heard a lot)

Yeah, I mean, why dismantle the ship to access technology that the crew was able to access on a daily basis? :)

Then again with the museum theory, I donno. Doubt that one highly too though.  ;)

Originally, the ship had been lost 23 years, so it became a museum. However, I don't think being lost 7 years is long enough for Voyager to become a museum. My guess is that the ship either becomes a Starfleet's top scientific research vessel or reserved for secret missions.

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard

She probably played a different character.

In the end credits, after the "big seven" and the other main characters, Kate Mulgre get's a special credit with the main characters since she was the star of VOY.

Kate Mulgrew

as

"Admiral Kathryn Janeway"

She probably played a different character.

In the end credits, after the "big seven" and the other main characters, Kate Mulgre get's a special credit with the main characters since she was the star of VOY.

Kate Mulgrew

as

"Admiral Kathryn Janeway"

Maybe she was written in after they decided Voyager was coming home.

Actually, she was written in after they began filming the movie. :) They had a Picard/Admiral scene where the Admiral orders Picard to Romulas. They called up Kate Mulgrew and asked her if she'd like to reprise her role as Janeway for a cameo in NEMESIS as an Admiral. Of coarse, she jumped at the chance! They re-wrote the Picard/Admiral scene into a Picard/Janeway scene. I thought her cameo was excellent! For a short cameo, she sure did get a lot of dialog! ;)

It would have been nice had it been a minute or two longer with shots from "her" side of the video, showing her office and all. ;)

Well

We all know Kate became an Abmiral..

They probally studied and then re-fitted Voyager so that she could go back out into the blue yonder(after the crew got promotionss of course)

please read the 2 home coming books:

they tell us the voyager is never "dismantled" but it is given to and admiral in technical research who's job it is to process all of voyagers advance tech (future star fleet, borg, and the like) and no one on the original crew is even allowed near her until after a huge fiasco involving the borg forming a new queen "a la first contact" and a holographic revolution in which the doctor is thought to be an anarchist