Sign in to follow this  
WEAREBORG4102

To go where no man has gone before?

But they're no holding their own series continuity.... Their episodes don't flow with each other..... It's too broken... There's no sense of connection tot he future Starfleet.... It's not what origanlly what they said it was going to be.... I know things change but the themes of a show shouldn't.... I mean we're selling out to sex.... I mean T'pol shouldn't be kissing... She should be using her fingertips....

The continuity of Enterprise in intact, I see a great flow as the story progresses. Star Trek has always used sex in all its shows since TOS. This is the beginning of Starfleet and I see it growing into what it will be one day.

This show is just as good as any other Star Trek show and it boggles my mind that some people want so bad to hate it they won't even give it a chance. They could show the most perfect episode ever made and the bashers will still hate it because they just hate the whole concept of Pre-TOS Star Trek.

A series based on only exploration will fail.

Oh? TNG & VOY didn't. :lol:

Besides, the whole concept of Star Trek is a ship "explorring the galaxy". TOS, TNG, VOY, and the first two seasons of ENT have all been about explorration with a different twist per series. Only TOS failed, and that was becuase of NBC, not becuase it wasn't appealing. In fact, only DS9 and ENT's 3rd season haven't been about explorration, so what do you mean that "a seies based on explorration will fail"?

I think he means that when the series ONLY has exploration in every episode finding a new planet or species.

TNG wasn't exploring when going after the Phoenix, "Chain of Command", "The Defector", "Yesterday's Enterprise" and others.

Voyager wasn't exploring in "Message in a Bottle" or "Endgame".

A show that only looks for planets and civilizations on evey episode would fail since coming up with a new civilization EVERY week would be difficult.

Have you noticed that whenever Vulcans mate they use their fingers?

I have never seen this. Which episode or movie did you see this happen in? Also, how on Earth could one mate with their fingers? What, does the baby come out of the woman's hand? :lol:

T'Pol always gets in between Trip's Legs so what do you think?

That is a very crude thing to say. However, Trip and T'Pol have only done the deed once.

A series based on only exploration will fail.

Oh? TNG & VOY didn't. :lol:

Besides, the whole concept of Star Trek is a ship "explorring the galaxy". TOS, TNG, VOY, and the first two seasons of ENT have all been about explorration with a different twist per series. Only TOS failed, and that was becuase of NBC, not becuase it wasn't appealing. In fact, only DS9 and ENT's 3rd season haven't been about explorration, so what do you mean that "a seies based on explorration will fail"?

I think he means that when the series ONLY has exploration in every episode finding a new planet or species.

TNG wasn't exploring when going after the Phoenix, "Chain of Command", "The Defector", "Yesterday's Enterprise" and others.

Voyager wasn't exploring in "Message in a Bottle" or "Endgame".

A show that only looks for planets and civilizations on evey episode would fail since coming up with a new civilization EVERY week would be difficult.

Who said explorration had to be that of a planet-of-the-week? They can explore the characters, alien cultures encounterred before, the bows of the ship via "lower decks" type of story, and so forth.

In any event, I missed the word only. However, if you look at the majority of TOS, TNG, VOY, & ENT Seasons 1&2, the main theme of the show is explorration of both the galaxy and humanity in one way or another. I don't mind different approaches though, as long as we get the occasional "let's see what's out there" story. THat's why I'm enjoying the Xindi arc. They're investigating the spheres on their way to the Xindi weapon. ;)

Fingertip stroking is a form of intimacy in the Vulcan culture but it's not the only form and it's never been suggested that it's their form of procreation. As far as which movie this is from it was in Star Trek III.

Also, the concept of a Vulcan kissing a human isn't new to Enterprise. Don't forget that there were at least a couple of times that Spock was seen kissing a woman. The one specific episode I can think of was "This Side Of Paradise". Not only did he kiss Leila but it was insinuated that they had sex and was further hinted that several years earlier there had been some kind of relationship.

As I said earlier, I believe it was in another post, I would like for someone to show me any real contradictions in Enterprise that goes against other series or movies. I'm not talking about additions to the timeline/franchise. I'm talking about outright changes or contradictions. An example would be if they formed the Federation in 2154 instead of 2161 as has already been established.