Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Questions - rank, technology, etc.

First question, perhaps some of our military personnel can answer this. Can Sr. officers fraternize with enlisted personnel if they are from a different service. Trip defended his relationship with Cpl. Cole because she wasn't Star Fleet. She was however in a unit assigned to the Enterprise and all were under Capt Archer's command. How does that work in joint operations?

The scene where they shooting the moving target - wasn't a similar scene done in season one where Hoshi was certifying on the new weapons.

Does everyone on a starship regardless of their duties know everything there is to know about warp engines? So Reed can tell Hayes to turn a certain valve and he knows right where it is? It does make sense that everyone going in to space (Star Fleet) should have mulidisciplinary training but where did Hayes get his?

First question, perhaps some of our military personnel can answer this.  Can Sr. officers fraternize with enlisted personnel if they are from a different service.  Trip defended his relationship with Cpl. Cole because she wasn't Star Fleet.  She was however in a unit assigned to the Enterprise and all were under Capt Archer's command. How does that work in joint operations?

The scene where they shooting the moving target - wasn't a similar scene done in season one where Hoshi was certifying on the new weapons.

Does everyone on a starship regardless of their duties know everything there is to know about warp engines?  So Reed can tell Hayes to turn a certain valve and he knows right where it is?  It does make sense that everyone going in to space (Star Fleet) should have mulidisciplinary training but where did Hayes get his?

I'm not so sure about the fraternization policy, so I'll leave that to an expert.

Yes, there was a scene with Reed and Hoshi using those weapons and almost the same program in an earlier season. I forgot which episode...help!

Yes, I was quite bothered that Reed knows how to play with the warp engine and that Hayes can find valves so quick. Maybe that is because it makes it seem like anyone can do Trip's job. Who's next?? Hoshi??

"I don't know who did more damage to the warp core, Malcolm or the alien." - Trip

All Starfleet officers need to be trained in multiple jobs in order to opperate a starship. It's likely Reed knows basic opperations of the warp core, enough to stop the alien, but not enough to do so without damaging the warp core. :rolleyes:

every one on the ship should know at least the bsics of every thing. like a LT. on the enterprise dD who is assigned to enginering would know medical info. for incase of emergency and some one assigned to a medical unit would know enough if they had to try to stop a warp core breach or somehting. your supposed to lear it all in the acadamy.. i think.. but i could be wrong..

every one on the ship should know at least the bsics of every thing. like a LT. on the enterprise dD who is assigned to enginering would know medical info. for incase of emergency and some one assigned to a medical unit would know enough if they had to try to stop a warp core breach or somehting. your supposed to lear it all in the acadamy.. i think.. but i could be wrong..

Actually, you're absolutely right. :rolleyes:

When I was in the Army I was a tank crewman, even though I did most of the driving every member of the crew learns how every function on the tank works. If your Tank Commander is killed someone from the crew must take over his job.

I guess its the same in Starfleet, if someone is killed others need to know at least the basics of operations in hopes that it will be enough to survive whichever crisis they may be in at the time.