Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Bauer

Yanks, Rangers have A-Rod deal

Stardate:214123.9

Well until I see Alex Rodrigues in Pin stripes I wont belive a thing.He was that close to being in a Boston uniform too but it didnt happen.I personally dont think it will happen although you never know with Steinbrenner and his depp pockets.If it does happen I dont think it will make much of a difference.The Yankees still dont even compare to boston this year even with the addition of the greatest player in baseball(and yes he is all around better that even Barry Bonds dont kid yourself).The rangers thought that by getting him from the M's that it would make a difference and they never even moved out of last place.Even when the mariners had him it didnt make much of a difference,Hell we were a better team without him.I think the same will be true of Texas.They will stop focusing on one player and focus on the team like the mariners did.So if anything i dont want this happen not because I dont want him being a yankees but because Texas will become a threat to the Mariners.

Yanks would move him to third base if the deal goes through huh.Hmmm even though there isnt much difference between the two postition Alex hasnt had much experince besdies a few games played thier with the Mariners and a few innings at the 2001 All Star game in Safeco where he traded with Cal Ripken Junior (which was the most classiest thing I have ever saw in baseball).So his defensive capabilites will be tested.Although he will probably do better than Aaron Boone, who had more errors in the post season than anybody and cost Pettite a shutout with an error.

Will it be a good move by George? Yes. Will it benefit both teams involved? Yes.Will it help New York beat Boston?Probably not.Will it happen???? I say No.

Stardate:214126.9

Yeh i saw that today.Looks like its gonna happen.Oh well.It doesnt matter.If baseball had taught us anything over the last 5 years the best teams dont usually win the world series.New York wont even make it there this year.

Stardate:214128.7

Well its official now.Bud Selig approved it so Alex Rodrigues is a New York Yankee and Alfonso Soriano is A Texas Ranger.

Yes it's official now..A Rod is a Yankee. The Evil Empire strikes again !! :laugh: And surprisingly I'm happy about this..I'm a Red Sox fan and the Yankees/Sox games are really going to be exciting this year..As always..Don't give the Yankees the championship yet! They still have to play the games..Should be a great year..!!