Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

"Enterprise" might be cancelled!

"The show is called Star Trek: Enterprise and is based upon Star Trek,"

yeh after TWO years of being just ENTERPRISE..... :wow:

"If Trek goes off the air, books and DVD's will continue to sale, but items like Trek toys will likely go out of production."

sorry wrong again, there was no Trek for most of the 70's but hey you know what,they where lots of book,toys,games made...... :wow:

"Actually, a lot of Trek products, with the exceptions of books and DVD's will likely go out of production.  The "experrience" and Borg Invasion 4D might stay.  What about the fan magazine?  It's likely that with no new Trek to write about that it may go out of print after a year or two.  It won't happen right after cancellation, but within 5 years, Trek will be gone."

I dont think so,the Star Trek Communicator/fan club(which I am a member) has already gone to bi-monthly,why becouse no one is buying it.....the same way with the British Star Trek magazine,they have said its becouse no one is buying it.......

I find that insulting.  I do not want more crap.  I want quallity TV in the form of ENT.

I am sorry for that comment...... :huh:

Edited by Spudgun

well the BBC hasnt  brought Enterprise and they have the rights for TOS,TNG,DS9 and VOY isnt that saying anything,even Channel 4 only show it at 2am in the morning

Actually the BBC didn't pick up Enterprise because of the poor ratings they received for the previous show that they aired, which was Voyager. The fact that the BBC did not take Enterprise can't be used as evidence refecting on this show's quality because the decision was taken before the show was even aired in the US. So if anything, the fact that the BBC decided not to show Enterprise refects more badly on Voyager.

As for your statement that Channel 4 only shows Enterprise it at 2am in the morning, it is incorrect. Enterprise is shown at 16:00 on Sunday afternoons and the 2:00 am weekday slot is actually a repeat of the show.

"Actually the BBC didn't pick up Enterprise because of the poor ratings they received for the previous show that they aired, which was Voyager. The fact that the BBC did not take Enterprise can't be used as evidence refecting on this show's quality because the decision was taken before the show was even aired in the US. So if anything, the fact that the BBC decided not to show Enterprise refects more badly on Voyager."

..and for just how long have you been working for the BBC? Voyager was watched by a lot of fans,it was the fact that they kept taking it off to put snooker or darts on that people stop watching.

"As for your statement that Channel 4 only shows Enterprise it at 2am in the morning, it is incorrect. Enterprise is shown at 16:00 on Sunday afternoons and the 2:00 am weekday slot is actually a repeat of the show."

well thats funny,I couldnt find it for the Sunday afternoon show,it used to be on after scapheep challenge :wow:

"As for your statement that Channel 4 only shows Enterprise it at 2am in the morning, it is incorrect. Enterprise is shown at 16:00 on Sunday afternoons and the 2:00 am weekday slot is actually a repeat of the show."

well thats funny,I couldnt find it for the Sunday afternoon show,it used to be on after scapheep challenge :wow:

That is because they showed the final episode for season 2 last week. It is odd that you would know that it was on after scrapheap challenge when your personal file says you are from Idaho. :wow:

...and for just how long have you been working for the BBC? Voyager was watched by a lot of fans,it was the fact that they kept taking it off to put snooker or darts on that people stop watching.

Well reports at the time said that the poor ratings of Voyager made the BBC less interested in putting forward a higher bid than channel 4, however other reports suggest that the BBC was not contacted about buying the show (see link below). Either way the fact that the BBC are not showing Enterprise cannot be used as any sort of evidence reflecting on it's overall quality.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/t...dio/1638957.stm

"That is because they showed the final episode for season 2 last week. It is odd that you would know that it was on after scrapheap challenge when your personal file says you are from Idaho."

I dont think thats odd,I used to lived in Birmingham UK and now Idaho USA......whats odd about that,also there is the uk tv guide on the net :wow: I like to keep up with my home town news.....nothing odd at all

Either way the fact that the BBC are not showing Enterprise cannot be used as any sort of evidence reflecting on it's quality.

but if Enterprise was the monster hit that it should have been,dont you think the beeb would have run the show.......

Ps....I'm in issue #114 of Star Trek Monthly (Voyager on cover) photo of my wife and myself in a pice called "in the flesh",that will explain who I am...... :wow:

Edited by Spudgun

but if Enterprise was the monster hit that it should have been,dont you think the beeb would have run the show.......

No it doesn't have any effect on the show:

1. If you believe that the show was not offered to the BBC then they would not have had a say and the fact that other channels are interested highlights the positive feeling about the show.

2. If you believe the other reports that the BBC did not put in a high bid then it is logical that the poor ratings that they had been getting for Voyager would have been a factor. They couldn't have based a decision on the show itself because they would have been bidding while the first season was still in production.

also there is the uk tv guide on the net

Well then you will have noted that last weeks episode was the last of the season, which was the reason that there was no episode this week. :wow:

"They couldn't have based a decision on the show itself because they would have been bidding while the first season was still in production."

but dont you think they would have bid after seeing the pilot episode "Broken Bow" I have to say that was a great pilot and I was looking forword to seeing the rest of the season,then it just went down hll from there.....maybe the BBC could see that coming

Edited by Spudgun

I personally don't see it going downhill. I thought the 1st season was good and now season 3 is awesome. Some of the best Star Trek I've seen since DS9.

I personally don't see it going downhill. I thought the 1st season was good and now season 3 is awesome. Some of the best Star Trek I've seen since DS9.

I agree with you DS9 was fantastic Trek :wow:

I agree with you DS9 was fantastic Trek :wow:

And Enterprise is every bit as good as DS9!

as McCoy once said....."in a pigs eye"

Enterprise doesnt even come close......a lot of fans dont even think its canon.....if we leave it alone it will soon go away :thumbs:

as McCoy once said....."in a pigs eye"

Enterprise doesnt even come close......a lot of fans dont even think its canon.....if we leave it alone it will soon go away :thumbs:

Sure it is. Actually when DS9 first came on I thought it was a dumb show, it didn't start getting good until its 3rd season. Then it became an outstanding show. Not to mention there were alot of fans that thought DS9 was not a good show until later.

Enterprise is no different, it started out a little slow but has become one of the best Trek series by its 3rd season and it keeps getting better!

There is absolutly nothing wrong with Enterprise and I believe Gene Roddenberry would have been proud of this show. Great characters, very good storylines, and is certainly Star Trek canon I don't know why any fans would say its not canon, the show has done nothing to disrupt the Star trek history as we know it. If anything its added so much more to the Star Trek universe.

"They couldn't have based a decision on the show itself because they would have been bidding while the first season was still in production."

but dont you think they would have bid after seeing the pilot episode "Broken Bow" I have to say that was a great pilot and I was looking forword to seeing the rest of the season,then it just went down hll from there.....maybe the BBC could see that coming

I think this thread has gone somewhat off topic, I still don't see how it matters that Enterprise is no longer on the BBC. In the end the fact is that channel four has actively gone out to sign up "cult" shows that are successful such as Smallville and Enterprise, it also shows such well regarded comedies such as Friends and Frazier.

Furthermore, Enterprise has a prime slot on Sky television and is repeated almost everyday. As for US television I should imagine that the ratings for Enterprise are actually rather good when you consider that it is going head to head with American Idol and a newly timeslotted Smallville.