Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Split from "A Serious Question"

I split these posts off from SpaceHippie's post "A Serious Question" I'll quote it below:

I know some people choose not to watch TOS because it's "old" and the effects are "bad" (so you say). Is It Only Because It's TOS or does this type of thinking spill over into other areas. "Would you not watch classic movies like "Frankenstein", "The Day the Earth Stood Still" or "The Wizard Of OZ" " for the same reasons? How about "Old" music (60's 70's or older)? How old is "OLD" anyway? Do you draw a line? And why?

This new thread is for those that wish to respond but are watchers of TOS.

Below is my originial response:

I watch it every chance I get. I was raised on TOS I used to pretend I was Captain Kirk when I was 8 to 10 years old in fact so it doesn't seem old or outdated to me at all.

Without TOS there would be no TNG, DS9, Voyager or Enterprise. That alone is reason enough to watch it.

Star Trek is about the adventure, not the special effects, so I don't care how bad they are. :eek: As for things being old, I'm not one of those young kids who runs screaming from anything that's before they were born. :) If it's good quallity of whatever it is, I usually enjoy it. :eek:

I too have to add that I have always loved TOS and still watch it whenever I can. I love old classic TV and I consider TOS a Classic.....It is the foundation of star Trek.

I too like TOS alot. It is still one of my favorite Star Trek shows. It's where it all began. It doesn't bother me that the FX and sets don't look good by todays standards. It's all about the stories and the characters..

I believe the point of this thread is to get non TOS likers to voice their opinion..I know that there must be some members who have a problem with TOS and don't watch it. I would like to see some of their opinions on this thread..

I love TOS, its way before its time in storylines and tolerence. The bad graphics, fighting, and cheesy acting only add to the appeal. Sadly for a long time I could not watch it because it played while I was in school. :o