Sign in to follow this  
TransporterMalfunction

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA GREENLIT FOR SERIES

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA GREENLIT FOR SERIES

Thursday, 12th February, 2004

1191387.jpg

THE SCI FI Channel has greenlit production on the Battlestar Galactica franchise as a new original weekly series. Based on the top-rated December miniseries event of the same name, the one-hour drama is slated to begin production on 13 episodes in Vancouver next month with all the principal cast from the mini reprising their roles for the series.

Ronald D. Moore returns as executive producer as well as writer. The project will be produced exclusively for SCI FI, in association with Sky One. The series will be distributed by USACE, where David Eick, an executive producer of the miniseries, serves as Executive Vice President.

"The series is going to take its cues from the miniseries," Moore said in a press release. "The tone and context will be in that vein. There will be lighter moments. I'm sure there will have things that are unexpected and fun to play as time goes on. But the miniseries, that's the bar. That's what we're trying to do. We want to do that show every week."

"I think one of the hallmarks of the series will be that it's always going to be a tense situation. These people are always going to be one step away from disaster. Which doesn't mean that the Cylons will be attacking them every week... it's going to take a long time for them to get to any kind of stability or normalcy."

Moore also said that he may call on old writing chums from series such as Roswell, Star Trek: The Next Generation and Carnivale.

"I think one of the hallmarks of the series will be that it's always going to be a tense situation. These people are always going to be one step away from disaster. Which doesn't mean that the Cylons will be attacking them every week... it's going to take a long time for them to get to any kind of stability or normalcy."

These people are always going to be one step away from disaster. Which doesn't mean that the Cylons will be attacking them every week...

:o Impressive. The number one thing that made the Original series stale was (IMO) the never ending Cylon threat arc, all the galaxy and they were almost exclusively the only other "people" our heroes encountered' BORRING!

I hope they DO correct that error with the new series, it could get interesting and I'll be right there with popcorn in hand to find out.

I will have to watch as the miniseries looked really good. I just wish they would call it somthing like Galatica or another name as it is so much different than the orignal. Like a lot of movies are so much different than the book it was based on. They are both great just IMHO two different shows that have some of the same people in it. For example two movies based on a battleship. They are the same but different.

The mini series was great...and I'm looking forward to the series...I like the way they updated it and I think the actress playing Starbuck is just perfect for the part.

:rofl:

I just watched the two part mini-series it showed for the first time over here this week. I really was expecting to hate it i liked the original and had heard about Starbuck and Boomer being women and the Cylons looking like super models. I was shocked it was excellent i had changed my mind within ten minutes of it starting I really enjoyed both parts and am glad i was wrong to prejudge it. I for one will really be looking forward to a full series :)