Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

ENT and the timeline changes

just for the record, no ones nitpicking here about uniforms.

Just someone asking about it & answering with some possibilities.

Not nitpicking.

just for the record, no ones nitpicking here about uniforms.

Just someone asking about it & answering with some possibilities.

Not nitpicking.

Eh, whoops! I was addressing the post made by TUH. I should have quoted her but didn't (now corrected.) Sorry for the confusion.

Its easily disregarded from the story.

I agree, I hadn't even thought of it until she posted.

Someone please explain how women's uniforms went from same as men in ENT to miniskirts in TOS and then back to same as men in the movies and later series? :huh:

Around the year 2245 a new sexual revolution came about and women wanted to free themselves from bulky unsexy pants suits and adopted the mini skirt uniforms. it lasted about 6 years before women decided they could choose between skirt or pants

Here are some examples:

Phasers shouldn't exist so they used "phase pistols".

Starfleet and the Federation were founded in 2161, but in 2153, they are in Starfleet.

Not really timeline, but it goes Daedelus, Akira (NX class), then Daedelus.

They were supposed to use nuclear weapons, but did they? NO!!!

And the #1 thing...

The Klingons have ridges!!!!!

Someone please explain how women's uniforms went from same as men in ENT to miniskirts in TOS and then back to same as men in the movies and later series? :eek:

If you want to nitpick uniform discrepancies they you can't overlook glaring goofs occurring in future series. First of all what about the changes made between TOS and TMP which are separated (story wise) by about a year and a half? Secondly, how do we explain the changes of uniform between TMP and TWOK? Finally, throughout the three series TNG, DS9 & VOY new changes to the uniforms were made almost every other season yet in TNG: Tapestry we are shown new ensigns still wear the same basic uniform design as they wore in TUC some 70 years earlier?

I'm not sure I see why my question is nitpicking. In my honest opinion TOS uniforms are a discrepancy in the Star Fleet development from ENT to TNG & beyond. I thought that's what this thread was about. Apparently I was mistaken

Someone please explain how women's uniforms went from same as men in ENT to miniskirts in TOS and then back to same as men in the movies and later series? :eek:

If you want to nitpick uniform discrepancies they you can't overlook glaring goofs occurring in future series. First of all what about the changes made between TOS and TMP which are separated (story wise) by about a year and a half? Secondly, how do we explain the changes of uniform between TMP and TWOK? Finally, throughout the three series TNG, DS9 & VOY new changes to the uniforms were made almost every other season yet in TNG: Tapestry we are shown new ensigns still wear the same basic uniform design as they wore in TUC some 70 years earlier?

I'm not sure I see why my question is nitpicking. In my honest opinion TOS uniforms are a discrepancy in the Star Fleet development from ENT to TNG & beyond. I thought that's what this thread was about. Apparently I was mistaken

Perhaps there was a women's rights movement within Starfleet that allowed women the ability to assert their right to wear mini skirts!

At the time I didn't see how clothing can be considered a "timeline" change but no problem, my apologies. :eek: Theres a better thread on the topic elsewhere anyway.