Sign in to follow this  
prometheus

Royalty and the creme de la creme

It sometimes irritates me that the characters in Star trek are always 'Star Fleet's finest'. They all go on to become Admirals and come top of their year in the Academy. Or they are from fine well off families, like the long line of Picards, Troi and her High Status mother, Hoshi 'the genius' translator, Tom 'the best pilot in the galaxy' Paris, etc tec. True, true, if they werent the best then they wouldnt be on the flagships and so on. But everyone seems to be these geniuses that can come up with the solution all the time. I just wish that they would all mess up a bit more, once in a while, and say 'oh dear. I dont know what to do....'

It sometimes irritates me that the characters in Star trek are always 'Star Fleet's finest'. They all go on to become Admirals and come top of their year in the Academy. Or they are from fine well off families, like the long line of Picards, Troi and her High Status mother, Hoshi 'the genius' translator, Tom 'the best pilot in the galaxy' Paris, etc tec. True, true, if they werent the best then they wouldnt be on the flagships and so on. But everyone seems to be these geniuses that can come up with the solution all the time. I just wish that they would all mess up a bit more, once in a while, and say 'oh dear. I dont know what to do....'

Hey Prometheus, let's talk about this a bit..........on Voyager they weren't all star fleet's finest. Remember, Tom Paris was a criminal brought aboard the ship by Captain Janeway to help track down the missing Maqui ship..............and Lt. Torres was a member of the Maqui who had been kicked out of the academy. Also, Chakotay was aboard that Maqui ship Voyager was tracking down. So he too was considered an outlaw. It was only after the Maqui ship and Voyager combined forces that they became one crew and Captain Janeway disregarded the past histories of these three.