Sign in to follow this  
Mofo Jones

STTMP - STTUC DVD box set

This is $75 USD at Best Buy. It's got all 6 director's/special editions of the TOS movies in a single box with crew pics on the outside (although most of them are from TMP and they should have used ones from the same movie) I'm not crazy about the outside box, but I'm wondering what anyone else thinks of the price.

I'm also kind of torn about purchasing this set or waiting until special editions come out for TNG movies as well and getting them in 1 box set. I'm leaning towards getting it, but if anyone else has news, I may wait. OF course, I don't want a DVD of Nemesis unless it's a redone edition with the three hour cut intact...maybe the movie will have a little emotional impact if that's allowed.

Thoughts? Opinions? Commentary?

I'd say that given the individual SE movies are costing $25 (perhaps as low as $20 at some sales) $75 seems to be a fair price for the whole set as long as the bonus disks are also included.

Yeah, it's all the special editions...should be 12 disks in all. I don't think it's a bad deal and unless some serious extras are added to Generations and Insurrection, the only special edition TNG movie I might pony up money for on DVD is FC.

Seems like a good deal to me but I would rather buy them 1 movie at a time..Which is what I have done..I've been buying them at Best Buy the week they are released for $15 a movie..Course I'm anxious for First Contact..But I think Generations is up next..

Seems like a good deal to me but I would rather buy them 1 movie at a time..Which is what I have done..I've been buying them at Best Buy the week they are released for $15 a movie..Course I'm anxious for First Contact..But I think Generations is up next..

Obviously I haven't been doing that :o I went to BB last week to pick up the STVI DVD which was on sale for $15...they were out but had the box set instead. They were also out of the first season of DS9, which I was also thinking about. And Alterego is right, the DVDs are all about $20-25 each, meaning that the entire set would be a better deal for those of us who have been living under a rock and not picking up the movies as they were released.