Sign in to follow this  
BorgAssimilator

11 ways geeks can hide their geekness

We're all geeks, since we're here on a star trek site (And I'm proud of it thank you very much) however, some people are worried about what others might think about them. Never fear, here are some suggestions i found on the internet. They might help :(

Ways Geeks Can Hide Their Geekiness

11. Shelving the Star Wars and Star Trek videos in the back behind the Steven Seagal films.

10. Calculating their blood sugar level at the bar while alone in the bathroom.

9. Pouring caffeinated water into Evian bottle before taking it to work.

8. Keeping the AOL icon on desktop.

7. Pretending to use pencil and paper to calculate the tip after a meal instead of just doing it in your head.

6. Putting on Star Fleet uniform at convention hall, not on the bus on the way to the hall.

5. Keeping the programming books under the mattress, next to Sports Illustrated and Motor Vehicles.

4. Pretending Liv Tyler poster is for her performance in the video for Crazy, not for her role as Arwen in The Lord of the Rings.

3. Rearranging CD collection so it's not in alphabetical order before friends come over.

2. Cleaning the office.

1. <My favorie :clap: >Only answering the phone with "Engineering this is LaForge" after checking caller id to make sure it's one of your friends from the Linux Users Group.

Stardate:21490.5

Those are pretty good.My question is why would a person want to hide there geekness in the first place. :(

Only answering the phone with "Engineering this is LaForge" after checking caller id to make sure it's one of your friends from the Linux Users Group.

Hmmm thats giving me ideas on how to answer my phone :clap:

Stardate:21490.5

Those are pretty good.My question is why would a person want to hide there geekness in the first place. :clap:

Only answering the phone with "Engineering this is LaForge" after checking caller id to make sure it's one of your friends from the Linux Users Group.

Hmmm thats giving me ideas on how to answer my phone :)

Works great with telemarketers too. :(

6. Putting on Star Fleet uniform at convention hall, not on the bus on the way to the hall.

OK, I have a true story.

Last summer a bunch of us "simmers" from around the country went to Vegas to go see Star Trek: The Experience. Now if there was anywhere that a bunch of Star Trek online roleplayers could get away with wearing uniforms you would think it would be there, right? A few of us did wear some ranks and other insignia on our street clothes, but not a majority. And none of us bought or brought any uniform garments. (The stuff The Experience sells looks fake anyway. You can do better making it yourself.)

Later on a bunch of us went to the main strip, which is all the way on the other side of town from The Experience. We saw people walking the strip with full uniforms on, and there wasn't even a convention in town that weekend!

Edited by lt_van_roy

lol:I love Star Trek and everyone I know knows it....maybe I'm a geek.. I don't really care what other people think..I did meet a geek once thou

My daughter and I went to see the FC opening...I believe it was late November and it was really cold out...so we took turns standing outside in the line..it was 40 below and we did line up early, so it was nessesary...Anyway the local ST fanclub was there and they were great...they got us all excited and did a trivia game to keep our minds off the cold...Once we were in our seats they gave prizes away for the right trivia answers....My daughter and I were having great time and a man walked up aisle in a Bajoran costume(very well done) I pointed out to my daughter his Bajoran earring and a guy in front of us (the Geek) turn and told us we knew nothing, that it wasn't a real Bajoran earring...lol My daughter looked at me and then him and then said dah...there aren't real Bajorans .

That was my only geek experience...and even that was part of our goodtime.

8. Keeping the AOL icon on desktop.

ROTFLMAO!!!! Oh, and regarding #1, even though you have caller ID, you can still get in trouble, especially if more than one person lives in that household. Case in point: My friend Kari lives with her boyfriend, Tom. The phone bill is in her name, so the caller ID displays her name. Kari and I both have a sense of humor which can run on the raunchy side, and we kid around alot. One day, my phone rang. I checked the caller ID and saw Kari's name. I answered the phone thusly..."Whaddup 'ho? How many tricks ya turn today?" There was a second or two of silence, followed by Kari's boyfriend's voice..."Um, Colleen? This is Tom. I was wondering if you've seen Kari today..."

1. <My favorie :biggrin: >Only answering the phone with "Engineering this is LaForge" after checking caller id to make sure it's one of your friends from the Linux Users Group.

Oooooo, I should do that! Great idea!