Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Twilight Revisted

Since Twilight was a repeat I'm not using the spoiler...I still have a couple of unanswered questions.

If they eliminated the parasites why didn't Archer go back in time to the incident in the hallway whey they first appeared rather than some time later in sickbay?

Since Earth was destroyed who's promoting people...ie who gave Reed his own ship?

Why are they still wearing the same Star Fleet uniforms a decade later?

Okay, T'Pol basically blew it for Earth by her choice to ram the other ship. This incapacitated Enterprise and they failed in their mission. Was that really logical? Were there other options...loss of life wouldn't be as bad as the loss of the ship would it?

Okay, if some really nasty aliens had just wiped out most of your race would you all get together on some deserted planet? Or would you maybe relocate to Andoria, Vulcan, Denoblia etc. They participated in an interspecies medical exchange so I'm guessing they had a interspecies version of human rights. Surely they'd take a couple thousand refugees on each planet?

Stardate:21485.8

These are just my theories on the answers to your questions.

If they eliminated the parasites why didn't Archer go back in time to the incident in the hallway whey they first appeared rather than some time later in sickbay?

I think its because when the parasites infected him he was knocked out so they just showed him waking up.

Since Earth was destroyed who's promoting people...ie who gave Reed his own ship?

Well I think that maybe Admiral Forrest(I got that right didnt I?) survived because T'Pol said a little over 6000 survieved.

Ummm that one I haven't a clue. :cloud9:

Ummm that one I haven't a clue. :clap: [/glow]

Earth is gone, most every colony is destroyed, there are 6,000 members of the human race left, and the Xindi aren't finished yet. I don't think Star Fleet has alot of room to worry about uniforms.

T'Pol basically blew it for Earth by her choice to ram the other ship. This incapacitated Enterprise and they failed in their mission. Was that really logical? Were there other options...loss of life wouldn't be as bad as the loss of the ship would it?

It was a deperate situation, the ship likely would have been over run by Reptillians if she hadn't done what she did. I don't know what other options she had, but she certainly didn't make the worst decision.

Okay, if some really nasty aliens had just wiped out most of your race would you all get together on some deserted planet? Or would you maybe relocate to Andoria, Vulcan, Denoblia etc. They participated in an interspecies medical exchange so I'm guessing they had a interspecies version of human rights. Surely they'd take a couple thousand refugees on each planet?

Well keep in mind that the Vulcans saw humanity's fate as a consequence of going out on their own to early, and probably horror-tales of the Xindi weapon had struck fear into the hearts every other species in the area. I can't imagine that any one wanted to risk their world for a seemingly insignificant race who had been exploring the galaxy for less than a decade.

Ummm that one I haven't a clue. :clap: [/glow]

Earth is gone, most every colony is destroyed, there are 6,000 members of the human race left, and the Xindi aren't finished yet. I don't think Star Fleet has alot of room to worry about uniforms.

Clothes don't last ten years if you wear them regularly....the uniforms would have fallen apart and the place where they were made no longer existed. So where did they keep getting new uniforms?

Ummm that one I haven't a clue. :( [/glow]

Clothes don't last ten years if you wear them regularly....the uniforms would have fallen apart and the place where they were made no longer existed. So where did they keep getting new uniforms?

Stardate:21487.7

Replicators? :clap:

Edited by Goose

TUH, on the uniform issue, we don't know that they wouldn't last 10 yrs. then just because they probably wouldn't now. For all we know they've developed a better method for making more durable fabrics, or have discovered a stronger material to make them out of.

TUH, on the uniform issue, we don't know that they wouldn't last 10 yrs. then just because they probably wouldn't now. For all we know they've developed a better method for making more durable fabrics, or have discovered a stronger material to make them out of.

There ya' go. :clap:

Well keep in mind that the Vulcans saw humanity's fate as a consequence of going out on their own to early, and probably horror-tales of the Xindi weapon had struck fear into the hearts every other species in the area. I can't imagine that any one wanted to risk their world for a seemingly insignificant race who had been exploring the galaxy for less than a decade.

I think you are right on target with this one. No race is going to risk helping the humans. The ideals of the Federation had not had time to develop.....the humans were instrumental in the development of those ideals. So certainly no race was going to risk drawing attack from a weapon for which they had no defense. It would seem illogical to the Vulcans, since intervening would not save the humans, but could bring on the complete destruction of Vulcan.

To contrast this sort of response,

Click for Spoiler:

In the last new episode, Archer did not allow his friend Shran to take the weapon back to Andoria, and risk the destruction of the Vulcans. Acher destroyed the weapon instead, which at first did not seem the best solution for Earth. But it seemed to impact Shran, who then secretly sent data about the weapon to Archer. Shran was stunned by Archer's concern for the Vulcans when the Vulcans were doing nothing to help earth in its present predicament. Archer's behavior is modifying Shran's, and humans will eventually impact the region in the same way.

Since Twilight was a repeat I'm not using the spoiler...I still have a couple of unanswered questions.

Okay, T'Pol basically blew it for Earth by her choice to ram the other ship.  This incapacitated Enterprise and they failed in their mission.  Was that really logical?  Were there other options...loss of life wouldn't be as bad as the loss of the ship would it?

Okay, if some really nasty aliens had just wiped out most of your race would you all get together on some deserted planet? Or would you maybe relocate to Andoria, Vulcan, Denoblia etc.  They participated in an interspecies medical exchange so I'm guessing they had a interspecies version of human rights.  Surely they'd take a couple thousand refugees on each planet?

1. They eliminated the aliens, but not the effects they caused or the damage Archer may have done to himself when he pushed T'Pol. Archer didn't "go back in time" since he WAS infected, but the parasites then disappeared, so it's not like he wasn't infected to begin with.

2. Who is promoting people? Well even if the whole command structure back on Earth were destroyed there is still a CoC on the ship, and Trip would be the next in line as Captain if something happened to Archer and T'Pol.

3. I assume you mean how did the uniforms last that long and not "why didn't they change the style"? For the former see other answers, for the latter, see the commnet about the crew having bigger things to worry about other than changing 'styles'.

4. If there aren't enough people to run the ship the ship couldn't continue it's mission the same as if the ship were damaged. Seemed like a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation, where you would hope that any damage to the ship could be repaired by the people who survived instead of the other way around, which wouldn't happen. I don't think T'Pol knew ahead of time how much damage, if any, the ship would take with her manuever, I believe she was just trying to save the crew and the ship, wuith the crew being the most important.

5. You mean as easily as we 'modern' humans take in others of different nationality? :laugh: As already mentioned the other races hasdn't banded together for a unified whole that looked out for all, but each race was still looking out for #1. No I doubt any other race would be willing to help, not once they saw what happened to Earth.

I'm willing to bet I've done a lot more sewing than most of you and I'm still doubtful clothes would last that long. I would expect these people to be wearing whatever they could find.

I don't think the Xindi would destroy another race's planet if they had a few humans - the other races presumably have superior technology to Earth and could destroy incoming craft. I would think Earth would think of having long range sensors and patrols as well.

Malcolm was promoted to Captain of another ship.

Many modern humans have taken in refugees from other countries. Only when the financial burden becomes too great do these countries start to complain. They've taken in far more than 2,000 people.

I just wanted to say that the first time I saw it I didn't see the Travis death-scene then I saw it this time and I was like "Oh man, Travis has had it" but in a sad tone you know?

So even though Travis doesn't play a big role yet, hopefully he will get some more attention, he still has a big impact.