Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

The end of a legend...

Shatner saw a blimp that looked like the Enterprise

No, that's not what happened. You see, just before he died, his life flashed before his eyes. One of those flashes was of him recording his terrible music album. He was going to say "OH MY GOD!!!!! WHAT WAS I THINKING!!!!"

But he died before he could finish speaking.

:o :o B)

I have never been real happy with how Kirk died. He should have died alone like he said he would. If he wasn't going to die alone he should have died on his ship in battle..If he wasn't going to die alone he should of at least died in space..I could almost accept him dying on that damn bridge if Picard wasn't there! He's always known that he would die alone!

I guess it could have been worse..He could have been killed by a phaser blast in the back..! At least he made a difference one last time..But I'll never be happy with how he died and I still don't see why did he have to die?! I'll always believe that they were trying to pass the torch to TNG movies..And for some reason they thought that couldn't happen if Kirk didn't die!

Whether or not that is why Kirk had to die in Generations, to pass the so-called torch, it affected me in the same way and I found myself resenting his death as a cheap manipulation. He should have been alone and better still, why not just let him fade into the nebula (ie ride off into the sunset) as the way of all legends? I would have preferred them leaving him out of the TNG movies altogether, it just didn't seem right to me. But then I never mix my peas with my mashed potatoes, either, lol. :dude:

T'Bree

As a watcher since 1966. its's time to let kirk go. may it be simple or spectactular not the point. lived his life move on

As a watcher since 1966. its's time to let kirk go. may it be simple  or spectactular not the point. lived his life move on

Yes it was time to move on..Kirks days as Captain of the Enterprise are over and it it was Picards time..I still say they could have handled it better..He should have died totally alone like he said he would or not at all..Oh well..

He should have died totally alone like he said he would or not at all..Oh well..

When Kirk died, he had no friends, family, nor anyone he knew with him. Due to the bridge wreckage, Picard could not get closer to be with Kirk when he died. So, Kirk did die alone, depending on how you look at it. In ST-5, when Kirk said he'd die alone, I always thought he ment "alone" in the sense of no family nor friends.

He should have died totally alone like he said he would or not at all..Oh well..

When Kirk died, he had no friends, family, nor anyone he knew with him. Due to the bridge wreckage, Picard could not get closer to be with Kirk when he died. So, Kirk did die alone, depending on how you look at it. In ST-5, when Kirk said he'd die alone, I always thought he ment "alone" in the sense of no family nor friends.

Kirk dying alone is open to interpretation..We have both stated our opinion on this topic and we will never agree..I've accepted the way that Kirk died and moved on..But I still don't like how it was handled..

Hey, no one likes how people die in any way, its not our choice in the matter.

I've heard friends die in various unfair ways.

1 BF & GF love oneanother, they went somewhere for a funeral, later drive back & poof the girl & a passenger died living the boy alone to grief.

Does that sound fair? Just when they are getting closer. I haven't seen him since or heard from him.

I agree with Tigger in a way,

just accept the death, but we don't have to like it.

& also don't bother in wanting to change the script. That's not our place to do it.