Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Super Bowl Prediction

After last week's complete disappointment I took a week away from Football completely. I didn't visit the Eagles web site at all. I shut my TV off with 2 minutes left in the Eagles game and stopped answering the phone.

Well I turned the TV back on on Wednesday, being sure to ONLY visit the History Channel, The Discovery Channel, The Game Show Network or the Nasa Channel. Any other channels might mention the game and that might cause me to throw something heavy at the TV again. And I began answering the phone again on Thursday. Anyone that was "important enough" to call me before Thursday knew not to even try until then anyway so any calls I missed weren't important anyway. I also returned to the Eagles web site just a couple hours ago.

Anyway, this thread isn't about the Eagles (and that just kills me). It's about my picks for the Super Bowl.

New England over Carolina by a good margin, double digit victory for the Pats.

Guest Ktrek

I wish I could feel sorry for you and your Eagles loss but I don't! ;) The Eagles were overated and actually the Packers were are are the better team and should have been in the NFC playoff instead of the Eagles but as the old saying goes %#%@ happens! So now we are down to two teams left to play for the big one.

Carolina has proven over the last several weeks that they are a team that is hungry. They have fought with drive and passion and proved that the Eagles were no match for them. However, we have to ask will this drive and passion be enough to carry them through to victory in the Superbowl? I think not.

The Patriots have an edge over the Panthers and that is Tom Brady. He is playing some of the most consistent football of his career. The guy is very cool under pressure and rarely makes mistakes. The Pats conservative and consistent style of footbal will ultimately help them win the big one again. I really don't see a wide margin of victory but as the Pats pace themselves they will be in a position to win in the fourth quarter as their defense leaves Delhomme in the dust. :lol:

Ktrek

By the way, I might also add that even though I am watching Television and answering the phone again I'm still not reading or responding to any posts about the Eagles or Sunday's loss.

Guest Ktrek
By the way, I might also add that even though I am watching Television and answering the phone again I'm still not reading or responding to any posts about the Eagles or Sunday's loss.

You just did! :lol: ;) B) You really shouldn't take the game so seriously! It will give you ulcers! :lol: I'm sorry but I have a hard time understanding anyone who would not answer a phone or watch TV because their team lost! :grin:

Ktrek

You just did!

Ktrek

No, I actually didn't. I saw what the gist of your post was (from the first sentence) and then posted my reply, same as with this one.

I'll come back in a couple days (or weeks) and read the rest of what you said (in both posts).

Guest Ktrek

Too bad you thought you got the gist of my post from such a "brief" look becuase if all you saw were the first two sentences then you did not. The majority of my post has to do with this weeks game not your Eagles.

Ktrek

Patriots win 30-27.

Very close to the final score of 32-29. For a short time I thought my mrediction of 27-17 was going to be very close (it looked like it could be 28-16).

I had no doubt that New England would win though, even when it was tied with less then a minute left.

Guest Ktrek

A very satisfying game. Probably the most surprising thing in the game was Vinitieri's two botched fieldgoal kicks. Very unusual, BUT he did redeem himself in the end. :laugh: The Panthers put up a really good fight and were a little more successful against the Pat's defense then I had thought they would be. The ebb and flow of the game was interesting to watch as Delhomme would get hot and then cold and Brady did as well. The way the game built up in intensity in the second half was a lot of fun to watch. I don't know if it will go down in Super Bowl history as one of the best games or not but it was one of the best games I've ever seen.

Ktrek

Yes, it was a good game. And I feel as though some of my "demons" have been "exorcized" now. Once the game was over I oput the NFL network back on (it's on as I type).

Good game that could have been better though.... sigh...

I thought it was a real good game. An exciting Super Bowl for a change..I would much rather it this way than one sided like most of them seem to be. And my Patriots did end up winning so that's great..Parade tomorrow..I'll have to set my VCR to tape it..

I too wish the Eagles were playing against the Patriots in it VBG..!