Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Downloading ENT & SG-1 from Suprnova.org

OK, with the exception of 3-10 "Similitude", any time I try to download an episode, it wants to download in 5 or 6 parts instead of one file. Does anyone know how to correct this?

As for SG-1, it seems that Season 6 is only available in halves. Does anyone know how to download the invidiual episodes instead?

I did a board search and couldn't find this topic.

The way they download, in small segments or whole files depends on how they were recorded originally. I've only just begun seeing that method being used (Multi parts). So it's just a matter of downloading the right file from Suprnova (knowing which is the right file is the part I can't help with).

As for downloading individual episodes of SG1 rather then blocks of episodes, just keep checking suprnova from time to time. As different people seed different things you may see individual episodes pop up. It seems to be a "popular" thing for them (who ever is seeding) to seed full or partial seasons rather then single episodes, especially for older shows or past seasons of current series.

It shouldn't affect the quality by downloading full or partial seasons, I've done this with several things and the quality is still a good quality. It just takes longer since the download is so much larger.

As for easily merging the files, this really depends on what the capacity of your computer is. If you use Windows Movie Maker you can do it by importing all of the parts and putting them in the proper order then save the new file. You just want to be sure to save it as a good size file so you don't drop any quality. Of course you can leave the files as they are but when you go to watch the episodes just be sure to load them all into the player (if you use Windows Media Player). That way when one part comes to an end the next will start and it is seamless.

Ah, well, I don't know anything about programs such as Windows Movie Maker. Any chance that a fellow ENT downloader might be able to help me out? Almost every episode I try to download at SuprNova.org ends up in segments. I download for both me and my mom to watch (we just watch ENT & SG-1), so I'd appreciate it if someone would be willing to share. THANKS! B)

Guest Ktrek

It depends upon what kind of files you have as to what kind of joiner could be used. TMPGEnc is a free program that has the capacity to join mpg files. If the files you have are AVI you will have to find or buy an AVI joiner. I do not know of any free AVI joiners but there may be some. Almost anything you want to do can be learned from this website:

DVDR HELP

Do a little searching I'm sure what you want to do can be done.

Ktrek

Ok, I'm able to find ENT episodes now that download as a complete video. However, for SG-1 Season 6, I can't find any "single episodes" and have to download an entire season. This takes far longer than downloading one at a time. Does anyone know where/how I can download SG-1 an episode at a time and still be high quallity? THANKS!

Ok, I'm able to find ENT episodes now that download as a complete video.  However, for SG-1 Season 6, I can't find any "single episodes" and have to download an entire season.  This takes far longer than downloading one at a time.  Does anyone know where/how I can download SG-1 an episode at a time and still be high quallity?  THANKS!

i think tvtorrentz.com or tvtorrents.com or some name like that...try a search from google

try:

http://nx01.us

its an mIRC channel...that do them in segments straight from UPN....its very good quality - and why would you want to join em? stick them in a playlist.....

Guest Ktrek

If you download the files with the "BT" on the end of the file name it comes from the Bit Torrent IRC group and those are not broken into acts. I would look for all those first.

Ktrek

Generally how long does it normally take to download an episode. I am at my mothers right now and she has a cable modem which is much faster than what I have at home. So far I am finding 12 hour dowload on the nx-01 site but it looks like its downloading faster than that. Do you need a particluar program to view the episodes or can you use the basci media viewers like windows, real player or quick time?

Wow! That didn't take long at all. Less than an hour. Please disregard my previous questions. I figured it all out.

Cable modems are great aren't they? Did you get the episode fro Suprnova?

Yes they are VBG! I have a regular dial up modem at home. I live in a rural area so I dont have Cable or DSL available to me. My dial up usualy connects around 26 so its realllllllly sllloooowww. I am still on vacation and I have been visiting with my mother and she has the cable. :wow: I had gone to supernova first, but the download time was saying anywhere from 30 - 50 hours. I went to nx01.us and was able to download Harbinger in less than an hour. I am trying to download Doctors orders from nx01.us right now and it seems to be taking a lot longer.

Yes they are VBG! I have a regular dial up modem at home. I live in a rural area so I dont have Cable or DSL available to me. My dial up usualy connects around 26 so its realllllllly sllloooowww. I am still on vacation and I have been visiting with my mother and she has the cable.  :wow: I had gone to supernova first, but the download time was saying anywhere from 30 - 50 hours. I went to nx01.us and was able to download Harbinger in less than an hour. I am trying to download Doctors orders from nx01.us right now and it seems to be taking a lot longer.

It's all a matter of how many people are seeding the episode. In all cases with Enterprise it's started off by telling me 50 hours or some big number. I ignore that though. Once my connection has been open for a while it picks up more seeders and within an hour or 2 I have the episode, not 50 to 100 like it first indicated.

Quality wise do you think Supernova would be better? The picture was a little blurry but it was actually not that bad from nx01.us. How do your downloads turn out picture wise? I will go ahead and try supernova for this weeks episode to see how it differs. I also noticed that the file was in mpg format. I saw in Supernova its avi, what kind of media player can play those files?

Quality wise do you think Supernova would be better?  The picture was a little blurry but it was actually not that bad from nx01.us. How do your downloads turn out picture wise? I will go ahead and try supernova for this weeks episode to see how it differs. I also noticed that the file was in mpg format. I saw in Supernova its avi, what kind of media player can play those files?

Suprnova has both MPG and AVI. The AVI's will ba smaller files and faster downloads but will lack in quality. I only get the MPGs if they are available because they are such a better quality.

As for what will play the AVI, windows media player will play AVIs without a problem, though you may need the DIVX codec installed.

I downloaded the DIVX-Codec because the avi files I downloaded wouldn't play. They still didn't play! :P . I was trying to download the last 2 episodes of sex and the city. Maybe the files themselves were no good.Oh well.. I am home now and back to my 24 - 26k dial-up so I wont be downloading anything anytime soon. Thanks for all the info VBG!

I downloaded the DIVX-Codec because the avi files I downloaded wouldn't play. They still didn't play! :P . I was trying to download the last 2 episodes of sex and the city. Maybe the files themselves were no good.Oh well.. I am home now and back to my 24 - 26k dial-up so I wont be downloading anything anytime soon. Thanks for all the info VBG!

What version of DiVX did you install? Be sre it's the latest version.

supr..blah!... the nx01 is better... due to little disk space. i only downloads the eps that i havnt seen (which isnt a whole lot.. or the ones i really really like.. .. so i only have like 4...

also the AVI files.. the best program

EVER! for AVI's and other files.. mp3's.. WMA's.. stuff ike that.. audio and video... internet radio.. im not sure if internet TV works.. depends on your connection.. but anyways its called WINAMP!!.. its awesome.. uhmm theres the new one out.. i dont have it.. it winamp 5.. they skipped 4.. i dunno why.. but if you dont want 5... DO NOT DOWNLOAD 3... IT SUCKS BUTT...(LOL.. I CANT BELIEVE I TYPED THAT) so yeah download it from

www.winamp.com

so yeh... good program.. beter than Windows media...and real player.. so yeh so download it... its FREE!!!

supr..blah!... the nx01 is better...

Could be but I'm downloading tomorrow's episode right now from Suprnova and nxo1 doesn't have it yet... :P I like the wide carity of things Suprnova has. So much to download but so little hard drive space... ;)