Sign in to follow this  
jdigs

TNG TV Movie?

This just popped into my head, Would a TNG TV movie be a bad idea? it would cost less and it would make available the chance for Picard etc to properly pass the torch to....whatever cast...wadda think? :tear:

Well, if Picard is going to pass the torch, I'd much rather see it on the big screen. However, I think a DS9 TV movie would be great.

I'm not sure. It would almost seem like a backwards step to have TNG do a tv movie.

If TPTB wanted to do a series of tv movies as a way to introduce new characters before moving them to the big screen that might be interesting if done well. I wouldn't want too many TNG cast in it though. As many have suggested maybe they could focus on Riker's command of the Titan in some tv movies and then use some of the characters from that on the big screen. I don't think TPTB at Paramount seem interested in tv movies though for Trek.

It may be cheaper, but not sure it would really draw. It would be easier to see. I know that with the "old lady in the shoe" syndrome that i live with, its hard to get to the movie theater, but i don't think this is something i have in common with many.

It sure would be nice to see a way to get Ben Sisko out of the wormhole and back with us linear folks. Maybe a duel cast would be less expencive on the small screen.

Do you think the actors would go for a smaller purse, though?

I agree with the thought that it may be a step backward for the TNG cast to do a TV movie. And a lot of TV movies don't do real well on ratings. So another big screen film would be the best place to pass the torch on, so to speak.

I'd prefer the big screen, but if trhere were a TV movie, I'd watch! And I'd tape it, and then I'd watch again.

TNG ALL THE WAY!! It would be so cool and i think they need one with more of a closure to TNG. But if they really need to put another cast like DS9 in with it, ( sort of like generatons) thats ok too ( i guess) , its just so sad that they don't think they'll make anymore TNG movies

I think a TV movie might be a really cool idea, but not for TNG. I think it would be cool if they made a mini series that was like six 2 hour episodes about Voyager after it returned home. They could also tie in with DS9 and maybe just maybe a few TNG characters. I think with the right promotion a 12 hour mini-series could do really well.

I am not sure, it may work for Trek...although, IMO a big screen movie would be better.

There has been other mini-series movies that were not so successful. For example, The 10th Kingdom. It is a 6 and a half hour mini series movie. I thought it was very good, but ratings and critics didn't really think so. There have been others that have been promoted well (like 10th), that just didn't do as well. So it is a very thin line when it comes to making a mini-series (Trek or not).

I'd like to see a mini-series or something about life after voyager! But not until they've made my other two TNG movies!!

I'd like to see a mini-series or something about life after voyager! But not until they've made my other two TNG movies!!

Here, here!! Well, at least the Voyager fans could get their movies(I am not a voyager fan). And we could get our TNG films!!!