Sign in to follow this  
master_q

Love Blooms On Enterprise....?

"Love Blooms On Enterprise?"

"expect more surprises in the budding relationship between his [Connor Trinneer; Tucker] character and the Vulcan T'Pol [. . . .]

"Whatever's going on now in that relationship, I think that relationship is going to have so many different levels," Trinneer said

scifiWire

Click Here

What do you think about the possibilities of a T'Pol - Tucker relationship? Does the idea of a possible romance go to far? ...

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

Guest Ktrek

The only thing that would give this relationship any dynamic and interest is the fact that Tucker really didn't like Vulcans. However, most viewers probably don't remember or know that.

Ktrek

I'm not really in favor of a Trip/T'Pol thing.  It just seems way to unlikely at this point.  Anyone else agree with me?  :P

I disagree. Trip may have (had) a problem with Vulcans in general but he has had the hots for T'Pol since Broken Bow. Rewatch the decon scene very closely and you'll see what I mean.

Edited by Alterego

Personally, I think it's a good idea. Trip and T'Pol could be spicy hot, sensual, and very sweet. They are two loving, loyal individuals and this isn't out of left field. Sim spilled the beans on Trip's feelings for T'Pol and it isnt as if Trip hates her. If anything, Archer (with the exception of mentally impaired alternate future Archer) is the one who still bristles at Vulcan this and Vulcan that--which is fine. That's his character and it's an interesting character but Scott and Jolene simply don't spark on screen. Not from my perspective--not even much in a platonic way. I wish the writers had gone ahead with the sweet, spicy chemistry Connor and Jolene shared in season one's "Breaking the ice" but noooooo......somebody got the bright idea that she and Archer should pair up. sigh :P My first choice would be no romance for her but if they are going to pair her up, IMHO Trip is the best choice.

Edited by MoulinRouge

no, No, NO, I will definitely stop watching at this point...good thing I wrote my letter to UPN already urging them to renew - because I couldn't do it in good conscience after this episode.

I had a long rant here but it's pointless - I'll just have to get a new hobby to fill the ENT void.

Edited by TheUnicornHunter

I'm not so sure I have an opinion about this or not..I almost think it's a bad idea for the 2nd and 3rd Officer to have an intimate relationship. I too can't see how T'Pol is going to meet Trip emotional needs..But I think I'll wait until it actually happens to form an opinion about it..

I'll wait and see what happens, but as I've said several times before I support a Trip/T'Pol relationship. They're the two most likely characters to end up together, and yes, they have great chemistry. Like CJLP, though, I seriously hope they don't take it too far.

C'mon TUH! You can't give up ENT altogether!? :P

Guest Ktrek

I am by no means a "shipper" and I do not want a pairing of Trip and T'Pol but to say that T'Pol could not love Trip without ceasing to be T'Pol is rediculous! Are you saying that Vulcans cannot really and truly love and remain Vulcan? What about Sarek and Amanda? Did Sarek just select a mate but was never in love with Amanda and she just accepted that fact because of her love for him? I don't think so! Amanda found love and acceptance with Sarek in intimacy that only closed doors would have been privy to. That is the Vulcan way. If the writers decide to take things down the Trip/T'Pol road I just hope they do it tastefully and it will not be the "worst" thing that could happen to Enterprise.

Ktrek

Amanda found love and acceptance with Sarek in intimacy that only closed doors would have been privy to. That is the Vulcan way.

Ktrek I've always seen Vulcan culture presented as suppressing emotion - not hiding it behind closed doors. It is possible the Vulcan reserve could be a match for some humans - I can think of a guy I used to know that would be perfect for her - seriously though even Archer or Reed would be more suited in temperament. But Trip is a very emotional human and Trip deserves someone who isn't hostile to emotion and basically hostile to everything he its - other than his exceptionally beautiful body. T'Pol is an exceptionally arrogant and condescending Vulcan. And the fact that Jolene Blalock even said in an interview that Trip is the least likely character T'Pol would hook up with is my vindication.

The only reason people think they belong together is because they are both physically attractive - T'Pol has a hot body so she obviously must be everyone's ideal mate - what else could possibly matter. It's really quite sad - so many people believe that and spend years trying to figure out why all their relationships are so miserable.

Captain Jean-Luc Picard Posted on Jan 23 2004, 06:42 PM

QUOTE (TheUnicornHunter @ Jan 22 2004, 08:21 PM)

no, No, NO, I will definitely stop watching at this point... 

Why? Is it not possible for a woman to be in a relationship and still presented as a strong female individual?

It is possible CJLP - might I ask why you would associate such a ridiculous question with my comment -

Edited by TheUnicornHunter

The only reason people think they belong together is because they are both physically attractive - T'Pol has a hot body so she obviously must be everyone's ideal mate - what else could possibly matter.  It's really quite sad - so many people believe that and spend years trying to figure out why all their relationships are so miserable.

Hmm... I completely disagree. It's becuase they have compatable personallities. T'Pol being with Trip could better him by temperring his temper while Trip could better T'Pol by helping her understand humanity and not come off as condescending. I honestly don't care how they look, it's what's inside that matters. Also, why would you assume that many people spends years believing "T'Pol has a hot body so she obviously must be everyone's ideal mate - what else could possibly matter," and trying to figure out why all their relationships are so miserable? I've never known anyone that let a miserable relationship endure. I've also don't see the physical appeal of T'Pol. :laugh:

Captain Jean-Luc Picard Posted on Jan 23 2004, 06:42 PM

QUOTE (TheUnicornHunter @ Jan 22 2004, 08:21 PM)

no, No, NO, I will definitely stop watching at this point... 

Why? Is it not possible for a woman to be in a relationship and still presented as a strong female individual?

It is possible CJLP - might I ask why you would associate such a ridiculous question with my comment -

It's not ridiculous, if it's possible, then what's wrong with Trip/T'Pol?

I went back and watched "Broken Bow". Very interesting, to say the least. The more I think about it, a relationship between those two could be dynamic. Think about it! They're both so different from each other; and yet, in many way's they're quite alike. If handled properly and purely, Trip and T'Pol could have an awesome relationship. Trip is so human and so passionate. He lets his emotions show and can be a little rash at times. T'Pol is cool and composed, and still insecure about showing emotion. They are alike in the fact that they're both strong-willed and stubbern. Also, both of them stand out in the crew in a unique way.

In a small degree, it reminds me of the 7 of 9/ Chakowtay (sp?) thing. I wasn't prepared for that at all, however once I got used to the idea and I saw how it work; I thought it was brilliant. Anyhow, that's my two cents. :laugh:

I have to say I'd rather if nothing happened between Tucker and T'Pol, if there must be a romance then at least let it be between Hoshi and and someone else.