Sign in to follow this  
ikapacho

Favorite Series

I was wondering about some of your prized series outside the realm of star trek. I'm looking for some good reading... Please list some good ones if you would... We'll call it a game.

:(

Some good fantasy reading are the Dragonrider series by Anne McCaffrey. If you are looking for Science Fiction reading then give Starship Troopers a spin.

Good luck and good reading...

:cool:

"East of Eden" by John Steinbeck. It's a classic. I'm reading it now. Not finished yet but getting there.

Geuss it's not a series though. Lol.

The James Bond series by Ian Fleming is really good. There are also other Bond books written by other people.

I haven't read many novels recently, however if you want any advise on reading material reguarding the Roman Empire from the time of Sulla to Nero then I would be most willing to help.

The last novel I read was The Color Purple. Please don't read this it is an auful read, technically it is different but that does not make up for it. As Bytsy said the James Bond books are good and I'd also recommend anything from Steinbeck to Arthur Miller for a good play.

Guest Ktrek

Like others have mentioned I would recommend the James Bond series books. Most of them are worth reading. Here is a website that lists all the books by author and also rates with very short synopsis. I agree with most of their ratings.James Bond Novels I might add that the books are not much like the movies and in many respects FAR superior.

I also really like Clive Cussler's adventure series with his character Dirk Pitt. If you like the idea of a James Bond meets Indiana Jones type story you would probably enjoy these. They are fast paced and full of action and great characters.

If you like "campy" type stuff that is just very quick fun reading I would suggest the Doc Savage novels. They have long been out of print but there are about 150 of these novels that were published by Bantam books in the 60's and 70's. They fall under the "pulp fiction" category and were originally issued in monthly pulp magazines in the 20's and 30's. If you like the old Superman or Avenger or Shadow stories you would enjoy these. I would suggest checking your local library or used bookstores.

If you like fantasy stories I would recommend the Terry Brooks Shannara series. Well written and lovable endearing characters.

I hope this is what you were looking for!

Ktrek

Edited by Ktrek

Yes the Bond books take themselves much more seriously and Bond is a breakable, human, and sometimes even dark and troubled man. He's not undefeatable like the newer films portray him.

Hi, i read a great series of books about five years ago called "The Dragon lance chronicles" by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman. There are four books i could not remember in which order i read them so i checked on another site the correct order is

Dragons of autumn twilight (vol 1)

Dragons of winter night (vol 2)

Dragons of spring dawning (vol 3)

Dragons of summer flame (vol 4)

They are fantasy rather than sci-fi. Hope this is of some help :(

Well, if you want to read Star Trek then New Frontier is a great series..

Other than that I would recommend Alistair Maclean (is that the way he spells it?).

Hi, i read a great series of books about five years ago called "The Dragon lance chronicles" by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman. There are four books i could not remember in which order i read them so i checked on another site the correct order is

Dragons of autumn twilight (vol 1)

Dragons of winter night (vol 2)

Dragons of spring dawning (vol 3)

Dragons of summer flame (vol 4)

They are fantasy rather than sci-fi. Hope this is of some help  :(

I agree but....

To get the best out of them you need to read the Legends seares and Dragonlance the second generation (or the tails books) between book 3 and 4.

other books I recomend are any Terry Pratchett ones

or Robert Rankin (not very easy to come by out side of the UK)