Sign in to follow this  
cassidy

I need help

I just started to learn how to play with my friends yesterday but we're totally stumped with attacking monsters. The book doesn't make any sense to me - can somebody help?! :grin:

I can help. I have been Game mastering Dungeons & Dragons (2nd Edition to 3rd Edition to 3.5 Edition), White Wolf (Vampire: The Masquerade and Werewolf: The Apocylapse) and Alternity for nine years.

First things first... I need to know what type of character you are playing and your character level, and the kind of monster that you are trying to attack.

Secondly, are you playing the newest version of Dungeons and Dragons or Version 2?

Let me know...

:cool:

Hey! Dungeons and Dragons is a really great role-playing game I liked it Although,I've played it all of ten times. My favorite though is Vampire masquade.And,of corse toredors rule! Role-Playing games are fun,and pretty easy once you get the hang of them! I've even played the Pokemon one. :force:

I gave up on D&D when WoC took over from TSR. This is just a personal thing but I think that the D20 system sucks but WoC is now the Microsoft of role play and the D20 system is its windows :force:

Bring back AD&D and bring back THAC0 :eek:

I love the white wolf games though.

At the moment I am writing a MMORPG in PHP that is based on Steve Jacksons GURPS System.

OMG I've just notest how many TLAs and ETLAs I've used :huh:

**TLA = Three Letter Abeveation

***ETLA = Extended Three Letter Abreveation

Edited by Abakai2003

THAC0, I hated THAC0. THAC0 = (To Hit Armor Class Zero) for all you non 2nd Edition players out there.

Long live the D20 system, and everything it stands for. The D20 system is easier for new players to understand and from a Game masters standpoint it is easier to control a game session. But that is my opinion, nothing more.

But my passion is Vampire the Masquerade and Dark Ages Vampire. I love the game.

Long live the Lasombra, the Keepers Of Shadows...

I agree with you about Vampire that game system is sweet.

but I can't stand the D20 system I think that the char creation prosses is too complex.

I remanis too much about playing dragonlance DL1 with the 2ad rules :)

but my passion is GURPS now thats a system you can get your teeth into. :)

I currently labour at trying to convert the GURPS rules into a php MMORPG.

*GURPS (Generic Universal RolePlaying System) by Steve Jackson Games.

I agree with you about Vampire that game system is sweet.

but I can't stand the D20 system I think that the char creation prosses is too complex.

I remanis too much about playing dragonlance DL1 with the 2ad rules  :(

but my passion is GURPS now thats a system you can get your teeth into. ;)

I currently labour at trying to convert the GURPS rules into a php MMORPG.

*GURPS (Generic Universal RolePlaying System) by Steve Jackson Games.

Character creation is a little more indepth with 3rd Edition, but the beauty with Dungeons and Dragons now is the D20 system. Any D20 system book is compatible with the other. This gives the game more depth than possible before.

Also WOTC released a Dragonlance campaign setting for 3rd Edition D&D. Check it out. I think it is great.

GURPS was alright in its time, but I think that its time has passed. I was happy when Traveller went from GURPS into D20 Modern. But I do find myself coverting some information from GURPS into D20. It was not a bad system, not bad at all.

But I do love Vampire The Masquerade. The material is simply intoxicating. In fact, I have been playing VTM and Dark Ages Vampire since its 1st Edition. I do love the game.

What Age is the WotC Dragonlance set Is it set in the Chronicals period or the age of man????? as seen at the end of Dragons of summer flame.

I was mentaly scared when TSR did that to the setting.