Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

AFC/NFC Championship Prediction

Ok, the time has come for the Conference Championship games.

It should be an exciting day of Football on Sunday. The first game will be in frigid New England, the Colts vs. the Pats. This is a big time match-up and we should see some sparks fly.

This is a hard game to pick. On one hand it would seem to be a no brainer with the way Payton Manning is playing, he's hitting just about every pass he's throwing. On the other hand there's the point about "dome teams" playing outdoors and New England's gonna be about as "outdoors" as you get.

It's hard for a team to go into the Playoffs and win 3 games (4 counting the Super Bowl), on the other hand here it's hard to say that the first 2 games the Colts played were "games" lol.

If pressed for a prediction here I'm inclined to go with the Pats simply because they are at home, in the cold and on a roll. That said, the Colts are on a roll of their own and NOT to be underestimated. I think it will all boil down to Payton Manning vs. the Pats Defense. If the Pats can pressure Payton and force him into ill-advised passes they will win (which is really true of all games). If the Pats can't pressure him though, he's gonna pick them apart.

Another reason for my pick of the Pats is because I REALLY don't want the Eagles to have to face Manning. Though I believe they are able to pressure him and would be able to win the game I'd just rather play New England and avenge the early season (week 2) loss that the Eagles suffered.

From the last paragraph above you might be able to guess my pick for the NFC. Yep, you guessed right! The Eagles. The Panthers are a team that's building but I honestly don't believe they are "there" yet. They played a fairly weak schedule and pounded a lot of teams with overall losing records but they still have to prove to me (like I matter) that they are really THAT good.

Davis or Foster may run for good yardage but the Eagles are great at containing teams when it matters most and stop them from scoring. They had 4 fourth and goals this season that they stopped.

I look for McNabb to have a very good day in the air and possibly on the ground as the Panthers over pursue.

I don't believe this will be a "barn burner" like this past weekend's games but I do look for the Eagles to win by at least 10 points. Maybe something like 27-17.

So for the AFC I'm not real sure on my pick but I'll go with the Pats just because I have to pick someone.

In thew NFC the Eagles.

Stardate:21446.5

Well for the NFC I am with VBG on picking the Eagles.Out of the 4 teams left Carolina IMO is easily the weakest.I am surprised they have made it this far to begin with.So I am saying the Eagles by at least 2 touchdowns.

As for the AFC I'm going with the Colts.Its amazing how Payton Manning has stepped up his game.He is on fire and I think nobody at this point can stop him.Colts over Patriots by at least 10 points.

A Eagles Vs Colts Superbowl I see.

Guest Ktrek

I for one, being a Cowboy fan, would like to see the Eagles lose to the Panthers. I think they are a little haughty and could use some humbling by losing to such an inferior team. However, I think it's unlikely.

I agree that Manning is at the top of his game and their no huddle offense can be upsetting as seen by the way that they threw Kansas City off balance(no pun intended) last weekend. Who, by the way, I think is actually a better team but they just didn't have it together last week. Oh well :grin: The thing that the Patriots have going for them is their conservative style of football which has been proven to win games over and over again. Brady is a very mature and patient quarterback and has shown he has the ability to bring a team back from behind which is what I expect will happen on Sunday. The Colts will take the early lead but will wear out by the third quarter for a Pats comeback and victory.

So I call the Pats over the Colts by a touchdown and the Eagles (unfortunately) will win by 10 points.

Ktrek

Edited by Ktrek

panthers over eagels cats eat birds. colts over pats go 4th cuz (payton)

Stardate:21452.8

Well VBG has got to be in a bad mood right now because the Eagles lost to the Panthers 14-3 :) My condolences VBG.

Also I was right about the winner of the Colts-Patriots game being by 10 points,the problem is I picked the wrong team.The Patriots beat the Colts 24-14.

So the Superbowl will be between the Carolina Panthers and The New England Patriots.