Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

It snowed yesterday...

Well it snowed here yesterday, it doesn't do that very often so when it does it's a pretty big deal.

As many people here know, I originally come from the Washington, D.C. area and snow is no big deal there so I am used to it. Here though they pull the sidewalks up and close the town down. I thought I'd post a picture of today's front page of our newspaper to let those of you that live in colder climates a chuckle.

page_200.jpg

Click for Spoiler:

snow1.jpg

Click for Spoiler:

snow2.jpg

i still attack my brother and sisters with snow.

you're never too old for a good snowball fight.

tm :unsure:

Stardate:21436.9

Sounds like our town about a week ago.We got 8 inches over two days and the entire pacific northwest was shellshocked by it.We were not prepared at all.Like you said everything just shut down.Hell some people were afriad to leave thier houses.Its all melted now but that will be something i wont forget for a long time.Its amazing how a town can be crippled that fast.

So the kids in your town get a day off because of a little snow. We got a day off because of freezing-rain. It rained freezing-rain all night last night, so the roads are pure ice, so we didn't have to go to school! Yay!

Stardate:21438.8

I remember when I was in Idaho we had 26 inches of snow one weekend.I woke up in the morning expecting there to be no school and we only had a 2 hour delay!!I couldn't believe it!!! Of course they are used to all that snow.In western washington if the roads are even icy and there is 1 inch they cancell the whole county. :dude:

So the kids in your town get a day off because of a little snow. We got a day off because of freezing-rain. It rained freezing-rain all night last night, so the roads are pure ice, so we didn't have to go to school! Yay!

Yeah, if there's any snow on the roads or the possibility of snow on the roads they will shut the schools down.

I remember 1978 in the Washington, D.C. area we had a Blizzard, I forget how much we got the first day or 2. Something like 18 to 20 inches. THen we had freezing rain that put a layer of ice ontop of the snow. Then it snowed another 6 to 10 inches on top of that. We were out of school for about 2 to 2 and a half weeks.