Sign in to follow this  
ensign_beedrill

Gene Roddenberry

I need to know if Gene Roddenberry had any brothers or sisters and if they were older or younger than him. I've been searching for it on the Internet, and so far, the only thing I've come across is a small reference to a brother. But it didn't say anything about being younger or older. If anyone has this information, or knows of a web site that references it, I would appreciate it if you could share it with me.

Well, I've done some more research and I've found out that he had a younger brother named Bob. He also had a sister named Doris, but I still don't know if she's younger or older. Can anyone help me?

For anyone who was wondering along with me, I finally found out the answer. I got myself down to the library as soon as I could and found a book called Gene Roddenberry the Myth and the Man Behind Star Trek by Joel Engel. Right there on page forty-nine it says that his brother, Bob, was four years younger than him and his sister, Doris, was five years younger than him. So Gene was the oldest.

The reason I wanted to know was because I had been reading about birth order and how it can shape a person's personality, and I was wondering if it had any sort of effect on Gene Roddenberry. By researching the traits I was able to guess that he was the oldest before I even knew this fact. A lot of his accomplishments and personality traits do match up with those that have been found to be common among first born children.

I figured this would make for an interesting topic, if anyone has something to say or add or if you'd like to do a little research yourself.