Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Divisional Playoff Predictions

Ok, time for my predictions for this weekend's games.

Saturday's games:

Carolina Panthers vs St. Louis Rams: As much as I'd like to pick an upset here and say that Carolina will pull off the win I have to go with the Rams. I just think they are too strong at home to lose to the panthers.

Colts vs. Chiefs: If I had to pick this one 2 months ago I'd have taken KC all the way, they have a powerful offense but I believe their defense has been exposed as a real weakness. I think the Colts Offense will be too much for that defense so I am taking the Colts.

Sunday's games

Titans vs. Patriots: This is another game I would really like to pick an upset in. I see a real possibility that the Titans could pull off a big win here, but the probablity of that happening is very low. I believe the Patriots are hitting on all cylinders right now and will win in a somewhat close game.

Packers vs Eagles: I don't have to tell everyone that I am a HUGE Eagles fan so my pick here shouldn't surprise anyone. My thoughts on the game might surprise some though. This is a very close game to call. The Eagles have a weak run defense due to all of the injurues up front but they are getting a few key players back in the secondary at just the right time. If the Eagles can contain Ahman Green and pressure Brett Favre into long passing situations I believe the Eagles will have a good chance to win the game. My pick is the Eagles

Time for my two cents worth (and that IS what it is worth):

Cats vs. Lambs: I have to go with the Panthers. Gut feeling, plus I think John Fox is the "real deal" (a great coach). :)

Little Horsies vs. Chefs: Peyton comes down to earth this week. I'll take Vermeil. BTW, here is a picture of Peyton Manning after this game: ;)

Titans vs. Pats: Pats all the way! (that includes the Super Bowl) :bow:

Cheeseheads vs. Beagles: The Pack is the better team on paper. The Eagles have beaten a lot of better paper teams this year. Plus Favre is overdue for a letdown. You know, a game where he throws 4-5 int's. Gotta take the Eagles. Preview of the game (with the Eagles being played by the smiley): ;)

Hey VBG, your Eagles and my Colts are still alive! wouldn't a superbowl matchup be great :unsure:

I don't know what it is but I've got a gut feeling that my Colts are going to pull it out this weekend ... 27-17.

Hey VBG, your Eagles and my Colts are still alive! wouldn't a superbowl matchup be great  :unsure:

I don't know what it is but I've got a gut feeling that my Colts are going to pull it out this weekend ... 27-17.

Don't count out my Patriots yet..!..I'm still hoping for a Patriots/Eagles Super Bowl.. :idea:

Hey VBG, your Eagles and my Colts are still alive! wouldn't a superbowl matchup be great  :assimilated:

Don't count out my Patriots yet..!..I'm still hoping for a Patriots/Eagles Super Bowl.. :waaaa:

No one is counting out the Patriots Spacetigger, in fact, they are favored to win the AFC championship game this sunday. Most are saying it will be the Patriots and the Eagles in the superbowl. However, the Colts and the Panthers seem to be on a roll right now, and I wouldn't be suprised to see them in the superbowl.

IMHO, whomever wins the AFC championship will probably go on to win the superbowl.

No one is counting out the Patriots Spacetigger, in fact, they are favored to win the AFC championship game this sunday. Most are saying it will be the Patriots and the Eagles in the superbowl. However, the Colts and the Panthers seem to be on a roll right now, and I wouldn't be suprised to see them in the superbowl.

IMHO, whomever wins the AFC championship will probably go on to win the superbowl.

Doesn't really matter who is favored..The Colts might be going to the Super Bowl. It certainly is going to be an entertaining game..Their offense scares me..They have put up so many points in the past couple of weeks..Should be fun..!!