Sign in to follow this  
welfconfed

Facing the Nemesis

Don't hate on the Klingons you parg!!!!! We are a great race unlike the romulan who like to run with their tails between their legs lol.

293289[/snapback]

Hate the Klingons? Nothing could be further from the truth. I do not hate the Klingon people, I pity them. That a, once proud, people should be reduced to sniveling sycophants is a tragedy. I weep for the Klingon people, for they can not weep for themselves. (after all, Klingons have no tear ducts :assimilated: )

Stephanie, thank you for your kind words. :blush 2:

I certainly agree with you that the Federation, while the clear winner of the Dominion war, hardly came out unscathed.

I believe the key to victory is to create internal, political conflict within the UFP and thus slow its rearmament program and increase the difficulty in maintaining control over its vassal states.

You are right, eventually a show a strength will be needed, however I think that it would be best, for now, to minimize the apparent threat to the UFP by the RSE. The last thing the Empire needs is the Federation and its allies unified against the 'Romulan threat'.

(I will continue my analysis ASAP, and don't worry Lursa, I will be getting to the Klingons soon. :wow: )

(part 4, finally)

Threat Assessment report

The Alpha Quadrant (Continued)

The Breen Confederacy- While defeated, the Breen were spared the horrific casualties and wide spread devastation inflicted on the Cardassians.

The Breen Confederacy stands at a crossroads, will it become just another Federation puppet state, or will it retain its strength and independence in the new, post war, order.

Could the B.C. regroup and continue the war against the allies?

Unlike the Cardassian Union, the Breen are still in a position to make these decisions for themselves.

Long term the future of the Romulan Empire would best be served by a well armed, semi-independent ( Pro-Romulan) government in charge of the Confederacy. This would provide a counter balance to the future pro-federation Cardassia.

It would also lay the ground work for an alliance which, should another federation war break out, would create a second front on which the UFP would be forced to fight. The Breen Confederacy would also make an excellent staging area for an offensive into, not only federation space, but Tholian, Cardassian, and Ferengi territories as well.

We must also consider that, in any operation to control or contain the use of the Bajoran wormhole, the RSE must secure the Bajoran system with sufficient rapidity that an effective Federation defense would be impossible, a strike force from Breen territory would be ideal.

Recommendations:

I would propose at least three separate operations within the Breen Confederacy, one group of operatives in the current independent Breen Government, another in the most militant of the anti-federation organizations, and a third in the later pro-federation government. In this way the RSE can manipulate the internal politics of the B.C. and virtually dictate their eventual government.

None of the Tal Shiar cells within the Confederacy would know of the existence of the others and if need be one group would be sacrificed to aid in the cover of the other groups.

(hopefully, I can finish with the other Alpha Quad. governments in part 5 and deal with the Klingons in part 6)

(Part 5)

Threat Assessment report:

The Alpha Quadrant (continued)

The Ferengi Alliance- The Alliance has grown fat and weak depending on Federation protection and profits from the war.

The key is to divide the Ferengi against each other. This is an easy task considering the Ferengi lust for profit and power, and the current political climate on Ferenginar.

Many on Ferenginar would do almost anything to return to 'traditional Ferengi values'.

The reforms of Grand Negus Rom have struck at the very foundations of Ferengi society.

Recommendations:

The situation is perfect for a coup and/or civil war within the Alliance. At the very least inflaming anti-federation attitudes would go a long way towards weakening Federation hegemony in the Alpha Quad.

The Cardassian Union- The Union is broken and at the mercy of the allies, especially the Federation.

This is one of the most important decisions in recent galactic history; who will control the Cardassian Union? Obviously it will not be the Cardassians for quite a long while. That only leaves the victorious allies, but which?

The Klingons have been bled white by the war and will be out of the picture long after the 'Cardassian question' is answered.

It will be a struggle between the Romulan Star Empire and the Federation, and for the freedom of the Empire and the galaxy at large, it is a struggle that the Empire must win.

Recommendations:

I would suggest creating a series of independence movements within Cardassian territory (insurgents, well armed and supplied by the Tal Shiar), political campaigns within the new government to oust pro-federation leaders, as soon as free elections are possible, and reorganization of the remains of the Cardassian military into a viable militia force (an army to support and supplement the insurgents as the need arises.)

The UFP will quickly find itself in an untenable position. The Cardassian Union will be torn apart by ethnic and political division by the various independence movements. The Federation will find it's control over the occupational government slipping away, face the prospect of renewed hostilities against a revived Cardassian military, and forced to violate its own high moral and ethical standards to deal with ruthless terrorist.

As the Federation attempts to concentrate its forces to deal with the 'new' Cardassian defense force, the insurgents will engage in wide spread strikes against exposed targets. When the UFP disperses its forces through out the Union to put down the insurgentcy, the Cardassian military will strike weak targets in force. The Cardassian government will be slow to act in support of Federation policies, as it will be divided by various factions (most of which will be anti-federation in nature)

The nearby badlands would make a perfect haven for the insurgence to fall back and regroup. (The Breen may also be disposed toward granting sanctuary for the Cardassian military, possibly even resupply and refueling port access)

And when the Federation tires of its 'Cardassian problem' the Romulans will be waiting.

The Neutral Powers (The Tholian Assembly, Sheliak Corporate, Talarian Republic, and the TZenkethi Coalition)

Each of these powers, while neutral through out the war, have had their conflicts with the Federation.

Recommendations:

Exploit the past annimosities between these groups and the UFP. If need be, set the various powers against each other to neutralize their threat to Romulan security.

(Next, Part Six...The Klingon Imperial Empire)

(Part 6)

Threat Assessment Report

The Beta Quadrant

The Klingon Imperial Empire-While almost as badly damaged in victory as the enemy is in defeat, it would be foolish of the Romulan Empire to underestimate the threat possed by this long-time adversary.

Before we cover the threat of the Klingon Empire, we need to examine the nature of our enemy.

First, we must dispense with the great myth of a Klingon Imperial Empire.

It doesn't exist.

The Klingons have not created, nor are they capable of creating, an empire.

The Klingon Empire is only a notion conjured up from half remembered stories and songs sung by drunkards.

They are a species that has warp drive, disrupter weapons, and control of dozens of star systems, and yet, they have not advanced culturally beyond the feudal stage.

The Klingon 'Empire' is only a loose collection of families and clans (the so-called great houses) who control their individual territories by brutality and the oppression of their 'subjects'.

To the Klingons, nothing is more important than 'klingon honor and glory'.

In other words, they will sacrifice everything, including the safety and security of their own families, for the sake of their egos and their petty little squabbles.

The only time the various families seem to work together is when an outside threat to their comfortable little tyrannies appears.

Now the Klingons are at their most vulnerable.

Weakened militarily, frustrated by a chancellor (of common blood) who is pro-federation and refused to demand that the war be taken to the Gamma quadrant or that they receive their 'fair share' of the spoils once the war was over, the klingons are angry, restless, and worst of all, without an enemy to fight.

It is imperative that they not turn their attention (and their desperate need for a enemy) toward the Romulan Empire, especially now that the RSE is still recovering from the 'Reman Incident'.

Though I believe that the Romulan Star Empire would claim ultmate victory, it would also lead to greater internal and external instability, something the Romulan government can not afford.

Recommendations:

Use third parties to support deep cover agents to achieve positions of power within the various Klingon houses (Romulans altered through surgery, and pro-romulan Klingon agents)

Plant evidence linking the Martok administration with former (and no longer useful) Romulan conspirators (for example the house of Duras)

Level the playing field, weaken the strong houses and strengthen the weaker ones, this will increase the rivalry and warring between the houses and create chaos.

Create conflict between the Klingons and their other neighbors. (such as the Gorn Hegemony) This will help draw their attention away from the threat of the RSE.

And above all, create division between the Klingons and the Federation.

(part 7 the rest of the Beta Quadrant...and possibly the Dominion)

Wefconfed, ya a little harsh toward our turtlehead friends :laugh: What makes romulans soooo much better than Klingons? :lol:

romulans are just vulcans who need a hug. :lol: :jaw::spock:

Wefconfed, ya a little harsh toward our turtlehead friends :blink:  What makes romulans soooo much better than Klingons? ;)

romulans are just vulcans who need a hug. :blink:  :hug:  :(

297741[/snapback]

I don't think I've been harsh, and what makes Romulans 'better' is a sense of true honor, loyalty, and self restraint.

and while I don't agree that Romulans are Vulcans, I do think your right about the hugs. :( :)