Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

DS9/VOY tricorders & phasers...

i know the bulky ones from TNG were seen into season 2 DS9, maybe more...

sorry.

but i cant think why VOY would upgrade - all the way out there

I like the Phasers from TNG, but I like the new Tricorders and Communicators. As far as when they upgraded I don't know. It was sometime in the DS9 era. I was watching a 7th season TNG episode, and Riker was talking to Quark. There was a Starfleet officer behind Quark wearing the new issue uniform, while the Enterprise crew wore the old uniforms. That is a little messed up.

I like the Phasers from TNG, but I like the new Tricorders and Communicators. As far as when they upgraded I don't know. It was sometime in the DS9 era. I was watching a 7th season TNG episode, and Riker was talking to Quark. There was a Starfleet officer behind Quark wearing the new issue uniform, while the Enterprise crew wore the old uniforms. That is a little messed up.

Maybe he was from DS9? :assimilated:

Yeah, When DS9 Started, Ship Crew Still Wore "TNG" Uniforms Where As Starbase Crews Wore "DS9" Uniforms.

As For The Upgrade. Season 3 Of DS9 I Think, Which Is Also In The Same Time Frame As Season 1 Of Voyager.

I've an idea!  Maybe they were designed for FIRST CONTACT, but first appeared in DS9 Season 5 and VOY Season 3?

That seems most likely.