Sign in to follow this  
Vic

StarTrek.com Vault: The Enterprise Finale

thumb_d1a581ed34b81d5f12d97436fd0ab66af3

Star Trek: Enterprise concluded its four-year run on May 13, 2005, with the controversial series capper, "These Are the Voyages..." To mark tomorrow's 13th anniversary of the occasion, StarTrek.com dug deep into our Vault and found a very rare DVD rough-cut screener that the UPN publicity department Fed Ex-ed to select journalists a few days in advance of the Star Trek swan song.

It's no secret that most Trek fans were disappointed in "These Are the Voyages." The series was not renewed by UPN for a fifth season, compelling the writers and production team to close out Enterprise on exceedingly short notice.

While the idea was to craft "a love letter" to fans following 18 consecutive years of Trek, the finale essentially turned Enterprise into a footnote within a Star Trek: The Next Generation storyline.

The storyline featured Jonathan Frakes and Marina Sirtis. It also was only a single hour, unlike other Trek finales.

What were YOUR thoughts about "These Are the Voyages"?

View the full article

My thoughts on 'These Are the Voyages' was that it was terrible. I was extremely disappointed in how they turned it into a 'behind the scenes' TNG episode. I can re-watch, and enjoy the nearly the entire series, but when it comes to the finale, I skip it. I don't bother watching it at all.

There were so many better possibilities for how they could have done the finale, but this was just awful and in many ways, insulting.

We are in the middle of watching These are the Voyages for the first time ever.  In fact, we just finished binge watching the entire run of Enterprise for the first time ever.   Even though we were completely addicted to Voyager, DS9, TNG, TOS, and all the Trek movies, life got in the way and we just never watched Enterprise beyond the first couple of episodes. This time around, we stuck with it and I find I really liked it.  It was more than cool to have brand "new" Trek to watch for the past couple of months.

May I just say that this finale straight up sucks.  Especially following the episode Terra Prime.  Firstly, I'm so ticked off that they broke up T'Pol and Trip.  Riker and Deanna look ridiculous in those Starfleet uniforms. And I heard Deanna just throw out there that Tucker is getting ready to die.  Honestly. When we rewatch this, we're just skipping this finale.  I love Jeffrey Combs and want to support him always, but this ep is just BAD.

Edited by gul_nodrog
typo