Sign in to follow this  
gul_nodrog

The Magnificent Ferengi

While DS9 was on the air, I used to not like the Ferengi episodes. Now that I have the run of the series on DVD and can watch at my leisure, I am finding the Quark/Ferengi episodes to be amongst my favorites! How weird.

Anyway, I watched the season 6 (?) episode "The Magnificent Ferengi" and nearly peed my pants I was laughing so hard. I don't want to spoil the episode for anyone, so I won't get into specifics, but at the end when Nog is manipulating a certain figure down the hallway I was just crying.

Did anyone beside me not like Quark eps and have since changed your mind? I feel bad about how unappreciative I was of these wonderfully comic actors in this horrendous makeup and what they were able to do with these roles.

Kudos to the entire Ferengi race!

Hard to believe that I never paid much attention to DS9 until recently...I have only recently discovered DS9 thru the season sets..I have to agree with you that the Ferengi episodes are priceless. I often find myself laughing out loud thru them. The episode 'The Magnificent Ferengi' was especially entertaining... :spock:

Yes, this was a classic episode, I loved it when Quark, Rom and Nog were walking down the corridor and they stop in front of Moogie. Nog then wants to check to see that she isn't a changeling.... I about died laughing at that entire scene!

I love it when they're running up and down the halls and squealing like women. "To the Infirmary!"

Also, when they're rounding everyone up at the beginning trying to see who's "in" ... that cousin of Quark's facial expressions are just hilarious. Plus it's always funny to see Jeffrey Combs playing Brunt.

But the best is at the end when they're scamming that Vorta with a remote control Vorta of their own. Nog is just something else.

I've Always Loved Ferengi Episodes..This One Particuarly, lol. :spock:

I Loved The Training Scene, :spock:

Click For Spoiler

Nog-"...And You Shot Moogie!"

Assassian-"Well I Saw We Weren't Goning To Rescue Her, So I Put Her Out Of Her Misery."

While DS9 was on the air, I used to not like the Ferengi episodes.  Now that I have the run of the series on DVD and can watch at my leisure, I am finding the Quark/Ferengi episodes to be amongst my favorites!  How weird.

Anyway, I watched the season 6 (?) episode "The Magnificent Ferengi" and nearly peed my pants I was laughing so hard.  I don't want to spoil the episode for anyone, so I won't get into specifics, but at the end when Nog is manipulating a certain figure down the hallway I was just crying.

Did anyone beside me not like Quark eps and have since changed your mind?  I feel bad about how unappreciative I was of these wonderfully comic actors in this horrendous makeup and what they were able to do with these roles.

Kudos to the entire Ferengi race!

When I fist started watching DS9, I didn't really like the Ferengi either and I found Quark to be really irritating. Then after season one, Quark started to grow on me and now that I'm about half way through watching season three, I enjoy the episodes about him. My favorite Quark episode so far is Meridian from season three. An alien on the station wants a holodeck program with Kira in it and he wants Quark to organise it for him. Quark spends the whole episode trying to get a holo-image of her and he also illegally accesses her personal files. I laughed so hard in the end, when Kira got her revenge on Quark. I had to watch that part several times and each time I had tears streaming down my face from laughing so much.

My favorite minor character in DS9 is definitely Garak. I love the scenes between him and Julian. Even though Garak only plays a small part in the show, I hang out for the episodes when he has lunch with Julian. Each time he hints at being more than just a simple taylor, although he has a cunning way of giving out information by not really saying anything at all.

Madam Captain out!

My favorite Quark episode so far is Meridian from season three. An alien on the station wants a holodeck program with Kira in it and he wants Quark to organise it for him.

That was a really good episode, just in case you didn't know who the alien was it's Jeffrey Combs. Watch the banners at the top of the board and you'll see the alien on the Jeffrey Combs banner.

I love the episode where Quark, Rom and Nog accidently get thrown back in time and turn out to be 'The Area 51 Aliens' that crashed back in the 50's I think it's brilliant how they take part of real life (the whole area 51 conspiracy theory) and mould it into the script. I cant for the life of me remember the episode name or number though, I havent seen it for ages

I cant remember the last episode of DS9 i watched, they're not airing the re-runs much over here at the moment

This is probably my favorite Ferengi episode.

I remember asking people what those aliens with the big ears were... lol

Galen is just a scream in this episode, as is Nog. And I love the interaction between Quark & Rom at the end of the episode. Rom: "How does it feel to be a hero, brother?" Quark: "It feels good!"

I would have to agree and say my favorite part was during the training simulation.

Click For Spoiler
The guy just aims and shoots Moogie with no regret, it was hilarious!

Kudos for a previous post that sparked that memory in my brain.

I like the Ferengi alot better then how they were at the Begining of DS9, they were alot more ape like, with Quark on DS9 it made the Ferengi a more intresting Star Trek Race to watch

While DS9 was on the air, I used to not like the Ferengi episodes. Now that I have the run of the series on DVD and can watch at my leisure, I am finding the Quark/Ferengi episodes to be amongst my favorites! How weird.

Anyway, I watched the season 6 (?) episode "The Magnificent Ferengi" and nearly peed my pants I was laughing so hard.

Oh, honey...me too.

I don't want to spoil the episode for anyone, so I won't get into specifics, but at the end when Nog is manipulating a certain figure down the hallway I was just crying.

The scene that did it for me was when Keevan first comes on board the Ferengi ship and Rom tries to introduce him to everyone.

And the scene where they first contact the "Eliminator."

Edited by SeeingEyeBorg