Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

Remember the opening credits for NEM?

Yeah, that's what bugs me about some fans, they want every little detail explained. Personally, I'm just fine with "My tricorder can't pinpoint the signature." or "We built the Reman Warbird at a secret base." as the "why" or "how" just isn't neccessary in telling the story.

That was something i thought about before. The Scimitar is a very advanced vessel, and not only is it armed to the teeth, but everything inside is furnished. I'd imagine it would would be a rebuilt cruiser, not totally made from scratch, but as you said, story telling.

That was something i thought about before. The Scimitar is a very advanced vessel, and not only is it armed to the teeth, but everything inside is furnished. I'd imagine it would would be a rebuilt cruiser, not totally made from scratch, but as you said, story telling.

That's an excellent idea! It could have easilly of been some derelict alien ship, retrofitted as a Reman Warbird. :)

That's an excellent idea! It could have easilly of been some derelict alien ship, retrofitted as a Reman Warbird. :)

Well still for that, she had almost all the furnishings of a top of the line expert constructed battle ship.

Come to think of it, Data did say that intelligence reports proved the existance of weapons factories on Remus. It is entirly possible that the planet could have had planetary based ship yards. It wouldn't be above Shinzon or the Remans to take matierials and weapons to build the Scimitar from there.

Come to think of it, Data did say that intelligence reports proved the existance of weapons factories on Remus. It is entirly possible that the planet could have had planetary based ship yards. It wouldn't be above Shinzon or the Remans to take matierials and weapons to build the Scimitar from there.

I could have sworn that at one point, Shinzon tell picard about how he built a secret base on remus to construct the scimitar, unless it was one of the deleted scenes..... hmm, anyone care to point me in the right direction??

Edited by Cramase

I could have sworn that at one point, Shinzon tell picard about how he built a secret base on remus to construct the scimitar, unless it was one of the deleted scenes..... hmm, anyone care to point me in the right direction??

Shinzon did tell Picard that the Simitar was built at a secret base in the movie - you didn't imagine it. You may also recall that the Romulan Senate was discussing how the dilithium mines were under their quota again so they were going to vote on a new trade agreement with another planet. We should be able to assume that the reason production was down was because the Remans were taking some for their own use.