Sign in to follow this  

Perusing some new movies for 2004

I, Robot based on works of Isaac Asimov due in July looks pretty intriguing

The Aviator with Leo DiCaprio as Howard Hughes lists Brent Spiner in the credits

Unfortunately - Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson as Starsky & Hutch just doesn't work for me

Owen Wilson also rumored to be in the A-team but no one can verify that.

With tons of remakes on the schedules

I listed all the remakes I saw on another thread.

Then there are a lot of sequels - in 2004/2005

Spiderman 2

Star Wars III

Indiana Jones IV

Goonies 2

Rocky VI - I'm not kidding

Rush Hour 3

Jurasic Park IV

MI 3

Another Harry Potter

Another Batman

and others I'm not familiar with

I have to ask when is the last time you saw a movie about Alexander the Great - so why are there two coming out in the next 2 years?

Other period movies:

To Kill a King about Fairfax and Cromwell

A Movie about the Borgia

Another King Arthur

Another movie about Troy

A movie I really want to see

Eat, Drink and Get Married

Then there are a lot of sequels - in 2004/2005

Spiderman 2

Star Wars III

Indiana Jones IV

Goonies 2

Rocky VI - I'm not kidding

Rush Hour 3

Jurasic Park IV

MI 3

Another Harry Potter

Another Batman

and others I'm not familiar with

Spiderman 2 - WOW! :dude:

Star Wars III - Eh...

Indiana Jones IV - Indy will love this one! :lol:

Goonies 2 - I thought the original was a stand-alone story?

Rocky VI - Isn't Stallone (spelling?) getting a little old to box?

Rush Hour 3 - 2nd movie killed this movie series. :rofl:

Jurasic Park IV - MUST SEE! :rofl:

MI 3 - Quirky...

Harry Potter III - Child's movie.

Batman V - I read that this is a reboot. If so, I think that's kind'a lame. However, I might be able to forgive them if they use the Batmobile from the first and second movies.

I am looking foward to alot of the movies you have listed and I did not even know that there was going to be anouther indy movie and Harry Potter get alot adult during this next movie its a must see if you are a fan of that sorta thing.

Star Wars 3 and Indy 4 aren't due out until 2005. (And man I CAN NOT WAIT FOR EITHER OF THEM! And I have a feeling Star Wars 3 is going to rock! Go Darth Vader!)

Spiderman 2 - BOO!

Star Wars III - HELL YES!

Indiana Jones IV - HELL YES AGAIN!

Goonies 2 - I never did like the first one.

Rocky VI - I've never seen this, and I don't intend to.

Rush Hour 3 - First one was great, second one was good, but this might be a renter. (And Rush Hour is the only Jackie Chan movie I've EVER liked.)

Jurasic Park IV - If they don't screw it up like the third, and make it as good as the first (and not 1 1/2 hours) then it could be good.

MI 3 - Oh God. I loved the first one. I loathed the second one. If it has a good director, then it could be great, if it has John Woo, I'll never watch it.

Harry Potter III - Actually I kind of want to see this. They are pretty interesting movies. (I have never read the books however.)

Batman V - Please...... PLEASE make it like the first two. The others were not good at all.

Stardate:21454.8

Another sequel I am looking forward to is The Mask 2.But not if Jim Carrey isnt in it!!!

Movie that is gonna suck this year is the Live Action Pac Man movie.Yeh you heard me right. :dude:

Stardate:21454.8

Another sequel I am looking forward to is The Mask 2.But not if Jim Carrey isnt in it!!!

Movie that is gonna suck this year is the Live Action Pac Man movie.Yeh you heard me right. :dude:

From what I read it's about a little kid - that's why I didn't list it - it didn't seem like a sequel if the only recurring character is a prop - lol

Ya I saw the trailer for The Mask 2 and it only had some baby in it. Looks reeeeeeeeeally stupid. I'm defenitely not seeing it. Um?

How can they have a Pac-man movie..... let alone a live-action Pac-man movie??

Another movie that looks absolutely terrible is Captain Sky and the World of Tomorrow. It's like a 50's horror film type movie..... and it looks pretty lame.

Out of those I'll probably see:

Spider-man 2

Rush Hour 3 (I love this series)

Jurassic Park VI (Rumoured to 100% CGI)

Star Wars 3

Indiana Jones 4 (My dad and brother are big Indiana Jones fans)

Ew really? Who is directing it?

With this shocking revelation, my expectations for this movie have gone even lower. They just keep getting worse and worse.

Ew really? Who is directing it?

With this shocking revelation, my expectations for this movie have gone even lower. They just keep getting worse and worse.

This rumor is false, seeing as Sam Neil is in it. Last time I checked, he wasn't CGI. :laugh:

Another movie that looks absolutely terrible is Captain Sky and the World of Tomorrow. It's like a 50's horror film type movie..... and it looks pretty lame.

Have you seen the trailer? Try not to judge based on preconceptions, that's what hurt NEMESIS. It's suppose to be a 50's-style serial movie. The genre is sci-fi, not horror. It looks lame if you're into more realistic movies, but heck, if you're into Trek, how can it look lame? :laugh:

I was so hyped for Nemesis. But this movie.... yuck. I am into more... not so realistic... but somewhat believable movies. This is just too much for me. Lol.

I was so hyped for Nemesis. But this movie.... yuck. I am into more... not so realistic... but somewhat believable movies. This is just too much for me. Lol.

Well, it's more geared to people who are fans of shows/movies that are from the 50's/60's era like the fictional "Captain Proton" holo-program seen on VOY. I love sci-fi in most of it's forms. I was born in the mid-80's and never had cable TV, so I missed out on the sci-fi classics, thus I am very much so looking forward to Captain Sky and the World of Tomorrow.

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Well, it's more geared to people who are fans of shows/movies that are from the 50's/60's era like the fictional "Captain Proton" holo-program seen on VOY.

When I saw it's trailer at LOTR Captain Proton was my first thought, I wondered if that's where they came up with the idea from.

I watched the trailer for Sky Captain - I'd like to know why the trailer I watched was using the theme music from SG1.

I think this is meant to mimic old movie serials.

Which reminds me that I rented Dudley Do Right because I was being nostalgic. Back to Blockbuster after the first five minutes. Nostalgia and being bored out of your mind are very different things.

OMG, I checked out the site AE provided and found some more upcoming movies.

They're remaking Forbidden Planet - that just doesn't seem right

All in all I couldn't believe the number of remakes - can I be that old that they're remaking movies I saw as a teen?

The 6 Million Dollar Man is being planned as a comedy

Other SciFi

Fahrenheit 451

Ender's Game

Womder Woman

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy I Hope they do this right

TV shows coming to the Big Screen

Greatest American Hero

Bewitched

Knight Rider

The Jetsons

Books

They're planning the Chronicles of Narnia - no information yet - I would like to see that. Also The Once and Future King

I just hope they make good versions of all these movies.

Here's another link that has additional movies:

MovieWeb

Edited by TheUnicornHunter

Spiderman 2 :laugh:

Star Wars III :wow: :o ;):grin:

Indiana Jones IV :wow::grin::grin::grin:

Goonies 2 :)

Rocky VI - I'm not kidding :huh:

Rush Hour 3 :) :lol:

Jurasic Park IV :)

MI 3 :laugh:

Another Harry Potter B)

Another Batman :lol:

That's My 2 Cents

In regards to the JP4 rumour, it was said both Sam Neill and Jeff Goldblum would provide the voices for Alan Grant and Ian Malcolm respectively. I believe Spielberg will be involved.

Of course, I think there may be little truth to this.

Edited by Jack_Bauer

Well, Someone Said Earlier That There Are Rumors Of It Being Completely CGI.

:laugh: You're right:

(Jack_Bauer @ Jan 2 2004, 02:04 PM) Jurassic Park VI (Rumoured to 100% CGI) 

I missed that post eariler.

In regards to the JP4 rumour, it was said both Sam Neill and Jeff Goldblum would provide the voices for Alan Grant and Ian Malcolm respectively. I believe Spielberg will be involved.

Of course, I think there may be little truth to this.

I don't care if it's CGI, I don't want Jurassic Park IV: Luney Dinos. :laugh: